Sign in to follow this  
hardstarburst

737-8,9 CTD in Windows 10 on End Flight, Select Acft

So I've looked in this and other forums, including the CTD forum and have not seen a solution.  I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro X64  ver 1703, build 15063.332. Running on a couple of raided 250gb samsung EVO 850 ssd's.  Having to use a Marvell SATA expansion card because the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mainboard won't support the VNAND technology the 850 evo's use.  I have a GTX470 card 1 GB  and 16 GB DDR3 system memory.  I was pretty careful to follow the PMDG install instructions and it flies fine. Autoland works, it activated without any issues. It's just that when I hit "end flight" in the menu, it crashes every time.  The readout from my event viewer is here, if anyone cares to take a look: 

fsx.exe

46fadb14

PMDG_737NGX.DLL

c000041d

000ec433

1e74

01d2dceaf6b80da4

C:\FSX\fsx.exe

C:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL

70eacba6-1e8a-4d8a-9dfc-6910e1b74f6f

I have already once uninstalled EVERYTHING FSX, PMDG, using IO Uninstaller and cleaned up EVERYTHING that was left over. As I said, I had no issues flying, and after Ryan helped me with the crashing ops center issue, i was able to download, install and fly with my southwest liveries. I've been running windows7 for the last couple of years specifically becasue FSX and a lot of my other programs wouldn't run on it, and now that a lot of that has been weeded out, i'm frustrated that i can't get PMDG to run right now. Haven't tried any other add-ons yet, I'm hoping the reason i'm not finding the solution to this issue anywhere in the forums is because it is something simple and stupid- and everybody already knows about it- except me and a few others.. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Joe Connolly

KSTL

If this is "Boxed" FSX, then a possible crash when you end a flight is (unfortunately) a fact of life. There are nowadays so many addons which are 20 years younger than FSX, written with a different generation of development tools and for a different generation of hardware, combined with numerous known-but-never-fixed-because-MS-dumped-FSX bugs, that we are stretching the poor thing way beyond its design limits. Windows 10 is also 5 versions beyond FSX's intended platform.

Dovetail did fix a number of the most serious bugs with FSX-SE, but not all. Prepar3D v3, being targeted at the professional market, is way more stable and makes better use of modern graphics hardware. The new Dovetail FlightSimWorld and Lockheed Prepar3D v4 finally address many of the the hardware advancements we've seen since FSX came out, most notably the larger address space (the famous "64-bit" thing) and up-to-date graphics support.

With FSX and FSX-SE I tend to be happy if I can complete a flight, and completely ignore how I get back to the desktop. Having to manually kill off Saitek Instrument Panel drivers and Linda have become a second nature. When I build a new PC I'll go for Prepar3D v4 and then I'll start to be picky...

Cheers,
Bert

PS
If you still feel this is a PMDG 737 NGX specific thing, please do not hesitate to open a support ticket at the precisionmanuals.com site. They will try to help you as well as they can. They cannot fix FSX for you though...

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for that Bert. let's then see if it's an FSX thing or a PMDG thing... I'll install my 777 on there and see what it does. Then I'll install the Airbus series on there and see if it will run. Although it was taking Windows 7 about 15 minutes (or longer) to fully boot, FSX with ALL of its add-ons, it ran fine- So I don't think it unreasonable to expect it to run in Windows 10. If I have to move to SE or even P3D I will, but let's see if we can figure out the combination here first. Thanks

Joe Connolly

KSTL

Ok, the 777 runs fine. I tried uninstalling the newest version of 8-900 (with the P8 in it) and installed an older version, 1.00.2888. It flew fine, and something weird happened when I hit end flight. This time, it did not crash, but the 777 from the previous flight appeared in the free flight window!. When I went to change the aircraft back to the 737 in the free flight window, then it crashed. So, I'll go ahead and put in a ticket, and I'll post back if there's a solution. Thanks

Joe Connolly

KSTL

• Upvote 1