Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

FSX:SE to P3D?

I'm in the process of making the shift from FSX:SE to P3D v4, and bought the QOTS II a few weeks ago. Is there any plan to offer an upgrade along those lines?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Thanks. That question was for someone who can speak for PMDG.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

30 minutes ago, Yoda967 said:

It's already been answered; numerous times in fact.  There is no upgrade for FSX users; however, all P3D will be upgraded to future versions.  

Matt King

2 hours ago, Yoda967 said:

How about this then, from PMDG.

Sean Campbell 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Sean.

I did actually search for an answer before asking. 

As Rob says in his post:

"We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time." 

And:

"Based on our knowledge of the process at this time, we anticipate that x64 upgrades will be made available to licensed users of PMDG products at no cost.  This information is subject to change pending the development, testing and release of an x64 version of P3D."

One might infer, as I did, that since I am a licensed user of the PMDG 747, and there was talk of promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, that now, when the incentive to change platforms is so much greater than it was when crossing from 32bit to 32bit platforms, some sort of pricing offer might be expected. 

I think it was a fair question. If "No," is the answer, then, "No," it is.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

On 6/4/2017 at 2:01 AM, Yoda967 said:

Questions for us need to go through the official support avenue. This is for user-to-user support, so if you get a response from another user, it's best to accept that as a reality of the avenue that you chose.

All the same, to save you from having to submit a ticket there and wait: the answer provided by others here is the truth. We offered an initial promotional period when we entered into the P3D market, but that was in for our initial entry, not for everyone's individual entry into the market, particularly as our stance has been known for quite a while now - separate platforms for different purposes, requiring separate licenses as separate purchases.

Understandably frustrating to a certain degree. All the same, I had friends who play BF1 on XBOX, PS4 and PC. Since I wanted to be able to join all of them when they were on, I had to purchase BF1 three times. It's not unusual, though the sim community occasionally pushes the idea that it is.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, Kyle. I appreciate your time digging this one out for a response.

I will eventually get the 747 for P3D...I was mainly hoping to avoid hopping on it at full price so soon after buying it for FSX, and then find that there was a deal in the offing that might have saved me $30 or $40.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK