Sign in to follow this  
hovercrafter

P3D V3 Re-install Earth Simulations Terminal Buildings Missing

Hello all, I am hoping a scenery / P3D guru can help with this strange anomaly

I have just reinstalled Win 7 and P3D V3 (disk shuffle in prep for V4) and installed Earth Simulations scenery for Alderney, Guernsey, Scilly Isles and the Isle of Man. Scilly was installed from DVD all the others from ESI packs. Prior to re-install all worked as intended.

Since re-install the Isle of Man works perfectly. All of the others install with base scenery, autogen buildings and trees as well as all airport taxiways and apron hardware and vehicles. Not installed are the Terminal Buildings - items like radar dishes installed on top of the building are there just no building. Smaller, i guess standard P3D buildings are visible, bespoke - not.

I have manually entered the scenery library entries as ESI setup could not locate scenery.cfg. Using Winrar I have looked through the ESI packs and DVD and feel fairly sure that all libraries and textures are installed and listed in the scenery.cfg. I have installed the compatibility files. Both P3D and ES are installed on drive D

Since the scenery worked before I think I must have a library or file missing somewhere in P3D or Earth Simulations - or I need to install some other item I have forgotten about.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you & regards

Gordon

Okay - worked it out. Used Poppets tutorial to fake the install path to FSX and copied the scenery.cfg to P3D prog folder. Why everything loaded except the buildings is a mystery considering it worked before without the registry hacks.

Thank you Poppet.

Gordon