Sign in to follow this  
NoahDoah

Anyone who can help me with selecting a nice flight sim PC?

I suggest you get a bigger PSU also. 500W is on the very edge. I would go 750 at least. It will pay off in the long run in case you add more memory, a heavier GPU, or a cooler. The cost difference should be minimal and the return is good.

• Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

I suggest you get a bigger PSU also. 500W is on the very edge. I would go 750 at least. It will pay off in the long run in case you add more memory, a heavier GPU, or a cooler. The cost difference should be minimal and the return is good.

ya i agree 100 percent with that, i am not sure if he is building from scratch or wanting to buy a prebuilt pc. if he builds his own he can certainly fit a 1080 and 7700k in the $1200 budget.reusing his case. amazon has a evga 750w psu gold for 70.00 right now, thats a good deal.

7 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Thank you, didn't thought about that. Will definitely take 750W.

1 minute ago, Patriot3810 said:

ya i agree 100 percent with that, i am not sure if he is building from scratch or wanting to buy a prebuilt pc. if he builds his own he can certainly fit a 1080 and 7700k in the $1200 budget.reusing his case. amazon has a evga 750w psu gold for 70.00 right now, thats a good deal.

I am building from scratch with a configurator on the internet. 

I just did a rebuild on my system going from a 3770K on an older MSI MB with 16gb of Corsair vengeance 2100 DDR3 to the following (for around 1000 USD).

MSI Z270 M5 Motherboard with 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 ram

Intel I7-7700K CPU, and kept my GTX980TI GPU

Kraken X61 CPU Liquid Cooler

EVGA 850 Gold Modular PSU

I retained my HAF full size case, and all drives.  Windows 10 Pro too.

Runs like the dickens.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks all for your help! I have now changed the hardware. I post a screenshot because it looks better (It's in German but the things are self-explaning):

gz9vNwKLa.png

I guess it's quite good now. Anything you would make better? The setup is now 1.330€ (1.488$). ~100€ over my aim, but that's ok.

5 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I just did a rebuild on my system going from a 3770K on an older MSI MB with 16gb of Corsair vengeance 2100 DDR3 to the following (for around 1000 USD).

MSI Z270 M5 Motherboard with 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 ram

Intel I7-7700K CPU, and kept my GTX980TI GPU

Kraken X61 CPU Liquid Cooler

EVGA 850 Gold Modular PSU

I retained my HAF full size case, and all drives.  Windows 10 Pro too.

Runs like the dickens.

the 980ti is still a beast and a great videocard, i went from a 980ti to a 1070 and the 980ti had the edge on me, then i ended up buying a 1080ti last month.

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is better, but you still do not have a Z270 chipset on the motherboard..

B250 is a "businesschipset.."  No overclocking etc

Why try to save on such an important component?

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z270-H270-Q270-Q250-B250---What-is-the-Difference-876/

Can you recommend overclocking? Because then I would also have to invest into a better CPU cooler. And the cheapest Z-Chipset Motherboard is +55€ to the setup.

7 hours ago, NoahDoah said:

Can you recommend overclocking? Because then I would also have to invest into a better CPU cooler. And the cheapest Z-Chipset Motherboard is +55€ to the setup.

Never mind! I take the Z270 by MSI plus a nice Alpenföhn cooler or similar.

Even if you do not overclock, the better chipset is worth it.

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Even if you do not overclock, the better chipset is worth it.

Yes, I already realized it. It really would be bad to save on one of the most important components.

Ok, I have now spoke with many people to make the setup even better. Here are the new specs:

CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K 4x 4.20GHz So.1151 WOF
GPU
6GB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G 
RAM
16GB G.Skill Value DDR4-2400 DIMM CL15 Dual 
MAINBOARD
Asus H170-Pro Intel H170 So.1151 Dual 
PSU
500 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 
CPU COOLER
be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Tower Kühler

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/e5feb12219ac163dc04fa210d238ce616171d4ac63e7883044b

The things that changed:

• GPU: The Version by Gigabyte, good reviews
  • Mainboard: I had a long chat with my informatics teacher. He wouldn't recommend overclocking. The life-span will be reduced and the increased gigahertz will not be very feelable. So I can save on taking a cheaper Mainboard and a smaller CPU cooler.
  • PSU: The PSU is quite expensive, but many people told me I should go for highest quality on this important part of a PC.

Is there anything you would still change? I am very unsure on which version of the 1060 I should take. There are only small differences, but it's still hard. I think I will just go with the Gigabyte version.

Gigabyte is fine, so is EVGA, or Asus.. you will not notice any difference.

• Upvote 1

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Gigabyte is fine, so is EVGA, or Asus.. you will not notice any difference.

As for overclocking... I would respectfully disagree, but a 7700K at 4.2 GHz will be a great CPU, regardless.

• Upvote 1

Bert