Sign in to follow this  
Foxtrot Delta Amk

Very low Fps with X-Plane 11

In the aircraft selection screen, on the upper part of the screen there should be an "AI" tab to disable ai aircrafts

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

15 minutes ago, Murmur said:

In the aircraft selection screen, on the upper part of the screen there should be an "AI" tab to disable ai aircrafts

sorry sir no difference 

Well, I hope someone else will step in this thread to give further advice.

Did you write this? http://questions.x-plane.com/10670/why-am-i-getting-really-bad-fps-at-x-plane-11

Hopefully someone will reply to that too.

Finally, you can try asking in the x-plane.org forums as well.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Something definitely seems to be off. Your CPU certainly isn't the best, but with minimal settings you definitely should get better results. Do you have any antivirus/windows defender running? If so, make an exception to the XP folder and the x-plane exe or disable them entirely for testing purposes when running XP next time.

And as was mentioned: Try posting in the hardware forum for XP11 at x-plane.org, there are way more people around over there who might be able to help you.

10 minutes ago, domae001 said:

Something definitely seems to be off. Your CPU certainly isn't the best, but with minimal settings you definitely should get better results. Do you have any antivirus/windows defender running? If so, make an exception to the XP folder and the x-plane exe or disable them entirely for testing purposes when running XP next time.

And as was mentioned: Try posting in the hardware forum for XP11 at x-plane.org, there are way more people around over there who might be able to help you.

Roger that sir ! I Have mostly everything disabled ! :) Thank you very much for your help sir ! 

24 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Well, I hope someone else will step in this thread to give further advice.

Did you write this? http://questions.x-plane.com/10670/why-am-i-getting-really-bad-fps-at-x-plane-11

Hopefully someone will reply to that too.

Finally, you can try asking in the x-plane.org forums as well.

Affirm ! i"ll do that for sure ! Thank you very much for your help ! 

It may be a problem with the graphics card drivers?

The first time I tried XP11 I did not get more than 8-10 fps and after trying different solutions, I could solve it by completely eliminating the drivers of the graphics card and installing others. But my graphics card is Nvidia and may be that your problem is another .You can try that.

Yes, you could try updating your GPU drivers to the latest ones.

12 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Yes, you could try updating your GPU drivers to the latest ones.

The last update gives me major vas problems with p3d ! Tho it's not gonna be a problem anymore ! But i will try !

24 minutes ago, nikit said:

It may be a problem with the graphics card drivers?

The first time I tried XP11 I did not get more than 8-10 fps and after trying different solutions, I could solve it by completely eliminating the drivers of the graphics card and installing others. But my graphics card is Nvidia and may be that your problem is another .You can try that.

I'll def try that after i land in beautiful samos ! :D 

This is strange. All I can think of is that P3D is directx and XP is OpenGL. I wonder if your AMD card might not handle OpenGL well. 

The x-Plane forum (not on Avsim) is a very helpful and friendly place. 

22 minutes ago, Griphos said:

This is strange. All I can think of is that P3D is directx and XP is OpenGL. I wonder if your AMD card might not handle OpenGL well. 

The x-Plane forum (not on Avsim) is a very helpful and friendly place. 

I posted a topic there ! Still waiting for approval  ! The approval policy is a bit irrelevant 

The AMD R9 380 4gb is a little better than the GTX 960. I'm trying to think of comparisons here. The 970 I found a capable card for XP10 but moved up to the 1080. Your processor AMD FX-8320, is now several years old.  It has been compared to the  i5-4670k/4690k overclocking or not. Does anyone have let's say GTX 970 4gb card and an  i5-4670k/4690k for comparison purposes? Maybe we could start there.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

6 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

The AMD R9 380 4gb is a little better than the GTX 960. I'm trying to think of comparisons here. The 970 I found a capable card for XP10 but moved up to the 1080. Your processor AMD FX-8320, is now several years old.  It has been compared to the  i5-4670k/4690k overclocking or not. Does anyone have let's say GTX 970 4gb card and an  i5-4670k/4690k for comparison purposes? Maybe we could start there.

The topic i posted on x-plane forums turned into an intel vs amd debate and another debate between Nvidia and AMD And a minority trying to sort out the issue and a good amount of people telling me that my specs aren't good enough to manage decent frame rate in the lowest settings possible on XP11 ! Sorry i'm just giving up ! I sincerely appreciate your help ! And everyone's efforts on helping me ! :) i'll stick with p3d ! Plus i was going to use XP11 just for vfr purposes ! I heard the Aerofly FS 2 sim has a pretty decent cessna ! And it has better graphics that X-plane 11 ! And way more better optimization So i'll def give it a try ! Honestly i'm pretty disappointed ! But at least we're getting a 787 this summer ! Big yay ! And i've seen a video in youtube of a quadro 2000 gpu (i used to have this gpu) And some kind of old amd quad core cpu running XPL11 at decent frame rates ! But according to the responses i got in x-plane  forums ! Most people were telling me that my rig is garbage than trying to help me ! Which i didn't expect in such a wonderful community ! Guess what they said is right ! And x-plane now Might be the worst sim i've ever tried ! Thank god i didn't buy it ! Well that's all i have to say Have a splendid day sir :)