Sign in to follow this  
Foxtrot Delta Amk

Very low Fps with X-Plane 11

47 minutes ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

The topic i posted on x-plane forums turned into an intel vs amd debate and another debate between Nvidia and AMD And a minority trying to sort out the issue and a good amount of people telling me that my specs aren't good enough to manage decent frame rate in the lowest settings possible on XP11 ! Sorry i'm just giving up ! I sincerely appreciate your help ! And everyone's efforts on helping me ! :) i'll stick with p3d ! Plus i was going to use XP11 just for vfr purposes ! I heard the Aerofly FS 2 sim has a pretty decent cessna ! And it has better graphics that X-plane 11 ! And way more better optimization So i'll def give it a try ! Honestly i'm pretty disappointed ! But at least we're getting a 787 this summer ! Big yay ! And i've seen a video in youtube of a quadro 2000 gpu (i used to have this gpu) And some kind of old amd quad core cpu running XPL11 at decent frame rates ! But according to the responses i got in x-plane  forums ! Most people were telling me that my rig is garbage than trying to help me ! Which i didn't expect in such a wonderful community ! Guess what they said is right ! And x-plane now Might be the worst sim i've ever tried ! Thank god i didn't buy it ! Well that's all i have to say Have a splendid day sir :) 

It's not an Intel v AMD debate. It's for someone to find a comparison rig who use a comparable computer and specs. Most use intel processors. If someone has a rig with the specs noted above then we might be able to see where the issue is residing. Lighten up. No one is trashing your rig. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

6 hours ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

The topic i posted on x-plane forums turned into an intel vs amd debate and another debate between Nvidia and AMD And a minority trying to sort out the issue and a good amount of people telling me that my specs aren't good enough to manage decent frame rate in the lowest settings possible on XP11 ! 

I just read the thread at the .org. I concur it went a bit off-topic, but you could have provided more information in that thread, for instance including the pictures you already posted here and the log.txt, which someone asked for. You'll always find people on the internet who will argue about stuff that isn't related to anything. I'd suggest trying to communicate with those who want to help and ignoring those who don't. And for tech related issues you'll have to have a bit more patience, because that stuff isn't easy to figure out from a distance.

That said, your issues are very strange and may not have been solved anyway. I suggest you revisit XP once the move to Vulkan is complete, which will probably benefit your AMD hardware. (And for the sake of the entire human race: Pls don't write posts using only exclamation marks, it is really difficult to read! [Almost like a transcript of a telegram...])

Have you tried, (for experimental sake), RAISING your settings? Who knows something interesting and surprising may occur, from which you can draw new conclusions.

I have a very mediocre system with an old i5 2500K CPU and even i get 30 fps.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

That is very weird indeed. Don't give up on XP11 yet tho. 

Any kind of power saving option in your AMD drivers you can deactivate perhaps?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 hours ago, domae001 said:

I just read the thread at the .org. I concur it went a bit off-topic, but you could have provided more information in that thread, for instance including the pictures you already posted here and the log.txt, which someone asked for. You'll always find people on the internet who will argue about stuff that isn't related to anything. I'd suggest trying to communicate with those who want to help and ignoring those who don't. And for tech related issues you'll have to have a bit more patience, because that stuff isn't easy to figure out from a distance.

That said, your issues are very strange and may not have been solved anyway. I suggest you revisit XP once the move to Vulkan is complete, which will probably benefit your AMD hardware. (And for the sake of the entire human race: Pls don't write posts using only exclamation marks, it is really difficult to read! [Almost like a transcript of a telegram...])

Hahhahaha =) roger that sir Sorry about that :) That's a bad habit What's vulkan ? 

2 hours ago, Wildblue said:

Have you tried, (for experimental sake), RAISING your settings? Who knows something interesting and surprising may occur, from which you can draw new conclusions.

I have a very mediocre system with an old i5 2500K CPU and even i get 30 fps.

i did  In low settings i got about 10-19 fps medium fps doesn't change it stays 10-19 fps Glad your enjoying xp11 sir :)

1 hour ago, france89 said:

That is very weird indeed. Don't give up on XP11 yet tho. 

Any kind of power saving option in your AMD drivers you can deactivate perhaps?

They're already deactivated sir :) 

9 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

It's not an Intel v AMD debate. It's for someone to find a comparison rig who use a comparable computer and specs. Most use intel processors. If someone has a rig with the specs noted above then we might be able to see where the issue is residing. Lighten up. No one is trashing your rig. 

Thank you sir :) i'll do my best 

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

Hahhahaha =) roger that sir Sorry about that :) That's a bad habit What's vulkan ? 

Vulkan is a graphics API like DirectX and OpenGL. P3D uses DirectX, XP uses OpenGL. Vulkan is considered superior to OpenGL therefore the XP dev team wants to move the code to the Vulkan API, hopefully resulting in better performance for everyone. My guess is that won't happen until 11.2, but you never know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

Just now, domae001 said:

Vulkan is a graphics API like DirectX and OpenGL. P3D uses DirectX, XP uses OpenGL. Vulkan is considered superior to OpenGL therefore the XP dev team wants to move the code to the Vulkan API, hopefully resulting in better performance for everyone. My guess is that won't happen until 11.2, but you never know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

That's pretty awesome When is it coming out tho ? 

Just now, Foxtrot Delta Amk said:

That's pretty awesome When is it coming out tho ? 

Nobody knows, in all likelihood not even the devs themselves. The next big release will be 11.1 (which will also have performance improvements) and that's probably a couple of months off.

4 minutes ago, domae001 said:

Nobody knows, in all likelihood not even the devs themselves. The next big release will be 11.1 (which will also have performance improvements) and that's probably a couple of months off.

Roger that sir Thank you very much for your help :)

• Upvote 1