Sign in to follow this  
garryhucker

Ezdok P3Dv4

Been have some trouble getting Ezdok v2 to work in P3Dv4.  I know its not officially compatible yet but I have noticed a lot of people have got it working flawlessly.

I have already edit the cameras.cfg (copying from P3Dv3) and also edited the exe.xml in the romaing folder (again the same as P3Dv3).  Ezca will launch when I load up P3d but once im in the cockpit, there is some serious lag on my system, everything freezes for around 5-10 seconds then resumes for a matter of seconds then freezes, repeat etc etc etc. If I close ezca in the system tray everything resumes as normal.

Sim connect is installed.

Also tried with Ezdok V1 V2 and V2.5beta, all have the same problem.

A few people have mentioned the same issue. and some have it working.  Just wondering if anyone has this issue and fixed it?

EZdok Camera 2.5 is under closed beta test in P3D v.4 and already works perfectly with full functionality without exception. Excellent work also features a smooth zoom and static camera of world, just wait a little and get a fully functional version, without complicated manual editing of configuration files. Next week is already being planned an open beta test version for P3D4.

• Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Been have some trouble getting Ezdok v2 to work

That's why I went to Chaseplane.

Bottom line: it just works. No muss, no fuss, no fiddling around like in the OP. No way I would ever go back.

Just MHO, of course.

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

6 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Bottom line: it just works. No muss, no fuss, no fiddling around like in the OP. No way I would ever go back.

Just MHO, of course.

If only it didn't have that Internet connection to their server requirement.  My Internet, sometimes, goes up and down like a yoyo.  He said he was going to change that so I'm waiting.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

7 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

If only it didn't have that Internet connection to their server requirement.  My Internet, sometimes, goes up and down like a yoyo.  He said he was going to change that so I'm waiting.

Yeah, there is that. I have very stable internet here, so it's not a problem for me. Good luck!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

27 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Just MHO, of course.

Russ

You are 100% unfair. EZdok is not yet released for P3D v4. It will be released this week as Nickbe said. There is no muss, fuss and fiddling around. We just wait for the v4 compatible version. The OP is trying to make it work while not been supported yet.

Ezdok v2 just works fine too, no fuss at all. On the contrary the  daily updates of CP can sometimes break things, being in Alpha stage.

• Upvote 3

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

EZdok is no fuss and no fiddling around either?! But the V4 release is this week, so... did you fiddle around getting your Orbx libraries into P3D v4 before the updated FTX Central was released?! Thought not... 

OP, the new EZdok is hopefully out this week and it'll then install properly and be properly updated and working with V4. The latest build is amazing by the way... off the scale in terms of detail and features compared to Chaseplane and the UI is simplified really nicely. It's super quick setting up cameras and the new Observer cameras are amazingly cool.

• Upvote 1

All I know is that I used EZDok for a couple of years in FSX, P3D v2 and v3, and it tended to drive me crazy at times, even though it quickly became a requirement.  That was the 1.xx series. If the new version is better, that's great, When I tried Chaseplane it was like a breath of fresh air, as they say. I just installed it and flew away. No fiddling required.

If you like EZDok, please enjoy away. As I said, it was just MHO.

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Just to add my own 'two-pennyworth' to this thread, I recently purchased P3D v4 and decided to try Chaseplane after being a user of EZdok for many years. What a huge disappointment and waste of money it turned out to be!

The user interface is confusing and once I'd set up some presets, changing from one to another was far from smooth.

Certainly shall not be using Chaseplane any more, and can't wait for the updated version of EZdok to be released ! :)

2 hours ago, steelerboi said:

Just to add my own 'two-pennyworth' to this thread, I recently purchased P3D v4 and decided to try Chaseplane after being a user of EZdok for many years. What a huge disappointment and waste of money it turned out to be!

The user interface is confusing and once I'd set up some presets, changing from one to another was far from smooth.

Certainly shall not be using Chaseplane any more, and can't wait for the updated version of EZdok to be released ! :)

Wow, we must live in parallel universes or something. My experience is exactly opposite...

Glad you are using what you like, though. :biggrin:

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

On 6/4/2017 at 3:34 PM, b1bmsgt said:

All I know is that I used EZDok for a couple of years in FSX, P3D v2 and v3, and it tended to drive me crazy at times, even though it quickly became a requirement.  That was the 1.xx series. If the new version is better, that's great, When I tried Chaseplane it was like a breath of fresh air, as they say. I just installed it and flew away. No fiddling required.

If you like EZDok, please enjoy away. As I said, it was just MHO.

EZDok served me well for years since it was basically the only utility of this type.  I also tried v2 for a while.  I am even proud to have helped fellow members with their EZDok issues from time to time.  I decided to give Chaseplane a try since it worked out of the box with P3Dv4.  You have summed up my thoughts on this matter perfectly.

Ryan

Guys, the closed beta test version of EZdok 2.5 for P3D4 goes well. Compatible with Win10 already received, before all worked without problems in Win7, but the author had to hard work  on compatibility.

Now have full support for ActiveSky2016 P3D4, and everything goes according to plan, the output EZdok in the open beta test for P3D4 soon and will be announced at the Flight1 support forum.

Best wishes to everyone who is waiting for EZdok.

• Upvote 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Like many, I've used EZDok for years.  I have 2.0 but I'm only halfway sold on the new features.  I was fairly comfortable with the old interface and I liked the old feature that you didn't have to assign a configuration for every livery of an aircraft...a big, big hassle.  

A comment about the turbulence simulation in EZDok.  I appreciate what they did.  But gosh, isn't that something the sim should do...air movement?  I mean, a view system interacting with a wx program to inject aircraft effects?  Seriously?  Justsim also put some instability in their Arrow too to mimic the same effect.  Carenado has a runway effect in their aircraft as well.  So it seems this is something folks are recognizing is needed and I fear it will get very confusing. 

In terms of Chaseplane, I know there are some prominent folks that have switched permanently over to it.  It does seem to have some nice features.  I wish it didn't disable EZDok, though.  It'd be nice if the two apps could somehow work together.  There are features of EZDok that are still useful.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Did you check the latest Beta 2.5 Gregg? They've streamlined a large part of the front end including simple camera setups for all aircraft, including bringing the actual default aircraft cams into EZdok itself ready to edit. A whole load of simple effect presets to get you up and running straight away and the new camera view builder is plain simple to set and use now. That and a whole load more... and there's even more to come once the V4 code is ready to go, hopefully sometime this week. This is a long video, but well worth a watch to see how easy yet in-depth this program has become.