Henrik Nielsen AI ships

These are the only models that are pre-FSX and may lead to P3DV4 crashes:

AI_AC_Sailboat
AI_Calypso
AI_John_T_Essberger
AI_La_Recouvrance

- JP

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Well ... I tried it with my usual "outside P3Dv4 root folder" method and can't seem to get it to work.

1) Downloaded/unzipped v1 to my destination folder.
2) Downloaded/unzipped v2 and merged to my destination folder.
3) Created the XML file and entry in add-ons.cfg.

All OK so far. No errors on startup and both scenery and add-on appear properly in the menu.

I looked up a route, but it's impossible to say which "end" is the starting point. Eg. I have a route Noumea<>Dunedin (56411) - but how do we know where it starts?

Round Trip cycle: 1 week
All times Zulu (GMT)
     SHIP            :    DEPART          :  ARRIVE APPROX     :   RETURN DEPART    :  ARRIVE APPROX     :
19,"STX_Mumbai"      : Thursday  02:04:59 : Sunday    11:55:40 : Sunday    14:05:54 : Wednesday 23:56:35 :

I went to both ends of the route at 02:04 (GMT) and saw nothing.

Does anyone have a specific location and time that the have working in P3Dv4 that I could test?

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I just fly around San Francisco at any time and see quite a few models in the harbor.

You might post the XML file. Did you include the bgl in the scenery library?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Is it this a specific ship that you're trying to track down and look at or simply check if the ships are showing up in general?

If it's the latter, could you not remove the standard ship traffic BGL file and just leave the Henrik BGLs in place?

Last week, Henrik has released an update in which theses AI Ships are recompiled for FSX so ... download it ;-)

PS: I am the Calypso 's creator.

• Upvote 3

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

I am intreasted in getting this package.  

Does it install straight into p3d v4 without issues and i prefer not to be creating xml files etc,  Just rather go straight in.

Wil it be updating for v4???

Cheers

Neil.

Can someone help me out? ive downloaded all the necessary files and have added them to a folder "Global AI Ship Traffic V2" I have placed that folder into C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

When I start P3D V4, I never get the prompt to enable the add on and of course have no ship traffic.

My XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="3,3" Type="AddOnXml">

<AddOn.Name>Global AI Ship Traffic V2</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>AI Global Ship Traffic</AddOn.Description>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>SimObjects</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Boats</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Animals</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Scenery</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\scenery\world</Path>

<Name>ShipRoutes</Name>

<Layer>126</Layer>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Effects</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Effects</Path>

<Name>ShipEffects</Name>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Sound</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Sound</Path>

<Name>ShipSounds</Name>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

You only need to put the xml file into the C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2 folder, the rest can be anywhere.Apart from the traffic BGLs...I had to put those into <P3DRoot>\Scenery\world\scenery...couldn't pick them up through the XML.

EDIT lzamm has a tip for this see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/459116-global-ai-ship-traffic-fsx-and-p3d-news-and-support/?page=77#comment-3634365 - especially where to put the traffic BGLs

If it still doesn't work...have you looked for errors in the contenterrors.log file?

Cheers
Keith

Could someone who is savvy enough find a way to put under the "View" menu similar to "View Aircraft", create a "View Ships" toggle that allows you to see all shipping within say a 30 mile radius? This would sure boost my capabilities when doing surface search with my P-8 and P-3 aircraft.

Thanks

Little Navmap will show their name and location on a moving map.

Also if the addon.xml method doesn't work, you can always just junction link them.  i have been doing this for years.  I did this for AI Aircraft as well, although recently moved those to xml method.  

Such a great package.  I think Henrik said you can see almost all the boats on 10%.   Never really noticed an FPS hit.  Certainly not quite like road traffic.  

AI Carriers and Javier's Ike/Nimitz package works in P3D also if you want a carrier tooling around outside ports like Norfolk, Pearl, SD, etc.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

This post on how to convert AI Ships into an addon.xml did it for me:

On 9/21/2018 at 3:54 PM, ssbn622 said:

Could someone who is savvy enough find a way to put under the "View" menu similar to "View Aircraft", create a "View Ships" toggle that allows you to see all shipping within say a 30 mile radius? This would sure boost my capabilities when doing surface search with my P-8 and P-3 aircraft.

Thanks

Traffic Explorer within Traffic Toolbox has something like that.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

On 7/3/2017 at 5:38 AM, JasonW said:

Can someone help me out? ive downloaded all the necessary files and have added them to a folder "Global AI Ship Traffic V2" I have placed that folder into C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

When I start P3D V4, I never get the prompt to enable the add on and of course have no ship traffic.

My XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="3,3" Type="AddOnXml">

<AddOn.Name>Global AI Ship Traffic V2</AddOn.Name>

<AddOn.Description>AI Global Ship Traffic</AddOn.Description>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Boats</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Animals</Path>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Scenery</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\scenery\world</Path>

<Name>ShipRoutes</Name>

<Layer>126</Layer>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Effects</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Effects</Path>

<Name>ShipEffects</Name>

</AddOn.Component>

-<AddOn.Component>

<Category>Sound</Category>

<Path>C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Sound</Path>

<Name>ShipSounds</Name>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Hi JasonW, in your xml I noticed that in the scenery category, the line showing your path ends 'scenery\world'. I think it should be 'scenery\world\scenery

Mike