Sign in to follow this  
romangeber

Sceneries that work and don't work for me in P3Dv4

Hi

This is a list of sceneries I installed. Thought I'd let you know which ones work for me and which ones don't. I excluded obvious ones that either work (FSDT, FlyTampa, FlightBeam, FTX, etc.) or don't work (UK2000, DD, etc.).

• Aerosoft LIRF - OK
  • Aerosoft EFHK - OK
  • Taxi2Gate EDDM - OK
  • Taxi2Gate OTHH - OK
  • Taxi2Gate LFPG - OK
  • Aerosoft EDDF - NG - Missing textures
  • Aerosoft LSZH - NG - Missing runways, texutres, etc
  • Aerosoft ENGM - OK
  • Aerosoft LFBO - OK
  • JustSim LFMN - OK
  • WingCreations RJAA - OK
  • Aerosoft LKPR - NG - missing runway markers
  • Aerosoft LPPT - NG - missing textures (but mostly usable)

Hope this helps somebody.

cu
Roman

• Upvote 1

What about OVERLAND RKSI and T2G VHHH, can anyone confirm if those are working in P3D v4 without problems?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Taxi2Gate EDDM - OK

Taxi2Gate OTHH - OK

Taxi2Gate LFPG - OK

How did you install these, I get errors

1 hour ago, romangeber said:

Hi

This is a list of sceneries I installed. Thought I'd let you know which ones work for me and which ones don't. I excluded obvious ones that either work (FSDT, FlyTampa, FlightBeam, FTX, etc.) or don't work (UK2000, DD, etc.).

• Aerosoft LIRF - OK
  • Aerosoft EFHK - OK
  • Taxi2Gate EDDM - OK
  • Taxi2Gate OTHH - OK
  • Taxi2Gate LFPG - OK
  • Aerosoft EDDF - NG - Missing textures
  • Aerosoft LSZH - NG - Missing runways, texutres, etc
  • Aerosoft ENGM - OK
  • Aerosoft LFBO - OK
  • JustSim LFMN - OK
  • WingCreations RJAA - OK
  • Aerosoft LKPR - NG - missing runway markers
  • Aerosoft LPPT - NG - missing textures (but mostly usable)

Hope this helps somebody.

cu
Roman

Any scenery that is still using old technique does not work (UK2000 is an example of this) back in some 3.x version LM caused an uproar in removing some old support for FS2002 technique, I suspect you are seeing some parts of that here in not showing textures.  Btw, how did you even install these?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

how did you even install these?

The installers allow manual path selection. Install them to your P3Dv4 dir, add them manually using the P3D scenery settings, an external editor (my preferred method) or add it manually to the config file.

FlyTampa sceneries are compatible but need to be installed like this too. Once installed, apply the patches and all is well. The only ones detecting P3Dv4 so far where FSDT and FlightBeam sceneries. Others should soon follow.

cu
Roman

So far, every airport I've installed from the following list of developers had worked EXCEPT for FSDT KMEM which lacks any night light splash on the pavement from landing lights, taxi lights etc. (default or addon aircraft) (Umbreto responded in the FSDT forum that it has to be revised and it will take some time).

FSDT, Flightbeam, FlyTampa, Taxi2Gate, ImagineSim and LatinVFR.

In all cases, even if the developer had installed an add-on.xml, I combined all individual locations into one add-on.xml for each developer.  This cut down tremendously on the number of directories under Documents\Prepar3D V4 Addons\.  Also, I have been installing all addon scenery in a data SSD separate from the SSD where P3D is installed.  Sometimes you need to spoof an installer, like the FlyTampa ones, by putting a zero size Prepar3d.exe file in the target folder but I haven't been stymied by short sighted developers yet.

I might put off Aerosoft until the last, their sceneries seem to be the most fickle when it comes to compatibility.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Anyone tried FranceVFR sceneries ?... (in combo with FTX Global/OpenLC Eur)  Like PACA, Auvergne, Rhone-Alpes, Ile de France, etc ?...

Merci beaucoup !

cheers,

jan

Jan

I tried to install an Aerosoft location in P3Dv4, PANC, and it's not compatible.  I checked their forums and the moderators are responding to requests for v4 compatibility by responding "hopefully."  Sounds like we can count out Aerosoft for awhile.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 6/10/2017 at 9:36 PM, romangeber said:

Installed and tested two more:

• UK2000 EGLL - OK
  • UK2000 EGNM - OK

Make sure you delete some BGL files after the installation is done. Instructions: http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=8846.0

Will test Drzewiecki Design sceneries soon. However, new installers should be out soon.

cu
Roman

Thanks Roman,thats just saved me alot of pain !!

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, tooting said:

Thanks Roman,thats just saved me alot of pain !!

Glad that this helped you.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:41 PM, Murfman said:

Good to see that the official aerosoft list isn't static anymore. Looking forward to see the EDDF update :)

cu
Roman

On 2017-6-4 at 9:36 PM, romangeber said:

@kurtb What errors do you get? Did you manually select the path to your P3Dv4 root directory?

cu
Roman

Hi

Also trying to install Taxi2Gate CdG, but I don't get an option during installation to manually select P3Dv4 root directory ? 

Installing through the SimMarket installer, so perhaps this is different ?

Obviously no P3DV4 option within the installer, so chose P3DV3, but installer then attempted to (re)install in my FSXSE folder again.

Regards

@garydpoole I installed T2G sceneries using the standard installer form Simmarket. The only difference might be that I had them installed before in v3, uninstalled them and re-installed in v4. That way I didn't have to go through the serial activation process again.

When the installer offers the sim selection just choose v3 and go ahead with that.

As long as the installer installs it somewhere you'll be fine. Just move the scenery files to wherever you'd want them and add it manually in the P3D scenery library manager.

cu
Roman