Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Now, Batching tiles, like a Banshee!

10 hours ago, Griphos said:

I was thinking I would try BI(ng).  It's just that the Google server makes such nice looking images!

I tried your mask setting of 25, on about 5 tiles either side of Myrtle Beach, SC.  I found the mask extended too far out into the Atlantic for my tastes, and then re-cut them back to a setting of 8. That gives me about what shallow water/color you'd see, before the drop out, deeper out.  The beach actually was the exact same width, so I think your beaches in those shots would still be the same, whether you masked it out to 25, from my setting of 8.  I could be wrong, and have been wrong before. My wife makes sure I remember that...lol.

The beaches would probably look the same, but the docks and marinas can get truncated at lower mask width. I like to see those!  I'm a sailor too. :-)

In places with estuaries and marsh, like Cedar Key, I think the lower mask width cuts them off noticeably as well. But I'm experimenting now. 

I like that. I'm doing the gulf coast right now (LA, MS, AL, FL panhandle).

If I want to extend the ortho out in the water more so there's more of that green/light blue shallow water showing, do I have to redo the entire tile, or just change the mask setting and rebatch without redownloading?

You can just cut the masks again separately, I believe.  But if you rebatch with a wider mask setting, you won't download again, unless you change ZL or delete your orthoimagery.