Sign in to follow this  

A380 announced from Matt Davies for XP11 and P3Dv4

Not much info, but this was posted to r/flightsim earlier, thought some of you guys might be interested ;-) Personally, I do not think it is wise to announce such a huge project in the earliest days of development when you don't have a great reputation for developing addon aircraft, but who knows what will come of it. I guess we'll see in a couple of years at best...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I wasn't aware that Matt was a developer? Or is he just the figurehead for a new development team?

• Upvote 1

He does have this projectfly ( https://projectfly.co.uk/about ) thing going on, which technically makes him a dev, I guess. But certainly not an aircraft dev. Apparently (source: people on reddit summarizing what was said on his stream), he has a team of 8 people who work on this in their freetime. No idea what his actual contribution will be though.

From the " horses mouth " ( so to speak ) - copied from a FaceBook post :

" Matt Davies . We have what we need to make it as in depth as I personally feel is needed. Absolutely there are things we simply cannot recreate, but that's the nature of it. However, there are an absolute tonne of systems/quirks/behaviors that we CAN recreate and we'll do that to the best of our ability.

We may absolutely ###### it up, get it totally wrong, but I'd be stupid if I didn't take my passion and the passion of everyone else on the team and attempt to create something that ultimately I want to fly. In comparison to most development teams, we're young, we want to remain in the industry for life, we've gotta start somewhere. "

So , not  a " study level  A380 " as earlier claimed , more like back pedaling . Saw elsewhere ( reddit ) that he states that he " never promised anything " , though making an announcement on his twitch channel , he must have expected some kind of response - good or bad .

Funny how other developers have said often enough that data regarding the A350 / 380 is nigh on impossible to get hold of , yet he implies that he has been able to do so .

John