Hopefully you'll be able to use the new methods in the future

Kade Bellaney

11 minutes ago, kcgb said:

Hopefully you'll be able to use the new methods in the future

Kade Bellaney

We already are.

Kyle Rodgers

22 hours ago, abdelsa said:

a GTX580 with 1.5GB. My P3D settings are in the middle to low, and I can get around 30 to 40 fps on the QOTS and FB KSFO. But when I turn on the dynamic lights, the frames go down to 12-15 fps... Yeah, probably I should update my GPU...

I've got a GTX 1080 - FPS goes from 38 to 22 when switching the landing lights on.

I still doubt that changing the GPU would increase the fps, as it's clearly reported by many (here and on FB), who have a considerable drop in fps with dynamic lighting even with a GTX 1080... I think that P3D is still a lot relying on the power of the CPU...

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

Now , I don t understand the following:

I get that heavy fps-drop with landing lights even with the dynamic lighting off, but it seems that it happens only if I chose supersampling for AA....

So why do the landing light cause that drop if dynamic lighting is deactivated in main P3D V4 options??

On 7.6.2017 at 5:42 PM, Ephedrin said:

Kyle I have a quite new system (gen 6 i7, gtx 970, DDR5) but using dynamic lightning on the 747 kills my FPS from 40-50 to 10. I could not compare that to other addons as the 747 is all I actually have on v4 so I won't say that it's PMDG's fault but it's unusable for some people as I read on several forums.. maybe LM will be able to fix it, we're on 4.0 ^^ oooor it will be up to PMDG :D

If anyone is interested or has FPS drops using dynamic lighting: 

I have no single frame less than without DL setting my Anti Aliasing to MSAA and setting the "Anti Aliasing - Setting" option in the NVIDIA Inspector to the same option as in P3D and setting "AA - Transparency Supersampling" (two lines below) to "off/Multisampling" 

I notice almost no visual difference in P3D but get NO performance loss anymore, even with all those PMDG vehicles driving around the 747...

(My Gra-Card is a GTX 970)

Greets,

Marc

On 6/7/2017 at 7:07 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Change your graphics settings, or change your GPU. If it's too much for your GPU, then I'm guessing it's rather old, or you're trying to drive your settings too high.

Nothing wrong with an old car that runs, but I'm not taking an old car out on a track day.

I'm on a gtx1070 that's being pushed by a 4.75 GHZ Haswell with 3000MHZ c12 memory. Dynamic lighting is not an option due to the tremendous stress it puts on my system. And Its not just the frame rate counter that gets pummeled its also the i/o that slows to a crawl.

Furthermore, I'm not a ""all settings right" type of simmer, I can satisfy my V4 pleasure with far less than the 8 gigs of physical ram I have available for the program.

Peace,

Ken Carlin

6 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

I'm on a gtx1070 that's being pushed by a 4.75 GHZ Haswell with 3000MHZ c12 memory. Dynamic lighting is not an option due to the tremendous stress it puts on my system. And Its not just the frame rate counter that gets pummeled its also the i/o that slows to a crawl.

Furthermore, I'm not a ""all settings right" type of simmer, I can satisfy my V4 pleasure with far less than the 8 gigs of physical ram I have available for the program.

Peace,

Ken Carlin

Did you try setting up your nvidia inspector? My 970 almost doesnt care about dynamic lighting anymore...

11 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

I have a 980Ti and it's fine on my system, so something is up with your settings if you've got a card that can run circles around mine and you're still seeing issues.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't get ANY performance drop with dynamic lighting. It's absolutely amazing with the 777/747! 

My AA/AF settings are just set to default settings.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I also have the GTX970 with NI settings on default and my FPS gets a thumb on the nose when I turn the landing lights on. I was so hoping the days of tweaking with fiddling details were over ... but alas!

And I'm afraid after buying P3D4 and had to buy the B744 again for P3D any upgrade to the 1070Ti is way off any further spending on my hobby and if my Lady finds out what my hobby costed me the last 12 days, then it's going to cost one hell of a lot more to reset her mood.

Terblanche Jordaan

21 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Did you try setting up your nvidia inspector? My 970 almost doesnt care about dynamic lighting anymore...

I did, and happy to report we're all good here! In fact, we are better than ever. :-)

used Inspector alias settings:

All default except-

Mode: Enhanced the application setting

Setting: Application controlled/off

Transparency: 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling

In sim setting: 8 sample mssa

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

On 2017-6-7 at 4:42 PM, Ephedrin said:

Kyle I have a quite new system (gen 6 i7, gtx 970, DDR5) but using dynamic lightning on the 747 kills my FPS from 40-50 to 10. I could not compare that to other addons as the 747 is all I actually have on v4 so I won't say that it's PMDG's fault but it's unusable for some people as I read on several forums.. maybe LM will be able to fix it, we're on 4.0 ^^ oooor it will be up to PMDG :D

I had the same problem, see my post in the PMDG 777 forum " Dynamic Lighting Poss Bug"  I found that my Graphics Driver was at fault and rolled back to an older one and now all ok.