Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

P3D Version 3.4 and AS 16 CPU cycles.

I have had a ticket with Hifi support for weeks trying to resolve a problem with AS 16 , on flights longer than about 1/2 hour, CPU cycles in task manager starts increasing from around 2-4 % to as high as 18%, bouncing back and forth between the lower settings and the highest. Shutting down AS 16 and restarting it immediately resets this problem, everything returns to normal, and in about another 30 minutes the problem starts all over again. Naturally when the cpu% goes up, the performance of P3D starts degrading affecting FPS and inducing stutters. . So far I have replaced FSUIPC with the latest version, and done a complete uninstall of AS 16 with a brand new download. 

Now my reason for posting this, is I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this when opening task manager and monitoring AS 16 CPU % on longer flights. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I reverted back to the previous version months ago when I saw this happening on my system.  Surprised it hasn't been fixed by now.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I reverted back to the previous version months ago when I saw this happening on my system.  Surprised it hasn't been fixed by now.

By previous version to you mean a previous version of AS16 ( if so which one) or ASN.  I was hoping to hear that someone else was having this issue, so I am glad you posted your experience. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

By previous version to you mean a previous version of AS16 ( if so which one) or ASN.  I was hoping to hear that someone else was having this issue, so I am glad you posted your experience. 

The previous release of AS16...build 6239.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

10 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

The previous release of AS16...build 6239.

OK. I just installed 6118, and I should have that update to 6239/ After struggling with this for weeks and hours and hours of troubleshooting, you don't know how angry I am going to be if it turns out that anything after 6239 broke AS16, and they didn't let me know about it. 

Yep, it can be frustrating.

Gregg Seipp

OK, I found up dates that brought me up to 6187, can't find one that updates to 6239, but since I never had this problem before 6255, this should work to see if it fixes this issue. If it does I am going to ask Hifi for an update to 6239.

You found the solution. It was version 6255 or the last "hotfix" update, which turns out to be a "hotbreak" update. I rolled back to 6187. and now my CPU cycles are mostly a 0% with occasional reading of 1-3%, but usually right at zero. Everything is smooth as silk now.  Thanks. Going to let Hifi Tech know about this. 

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You found the solution. It was version 6255 or the last "hotfix" update, which turns out to be a "hotbreak" update. I rolled back to 6187. and now my CPU cycles are mostly a 0% with occasional reading of 1-3%, but usually right at zero. Everything is smooth as silk now.  Thanks. Going to let Hifi Tech know about this. 

Another solution is to set AS16 via task manager to use only the last core (8th core in my case). CPU cycles were still around 20% but P3D is not affected by it.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

1 hour ago, Pe11e said:

Another solution is to set AS16 via task manager to use only the last core (8th core in my case). CPU cycles were still around 20% but P3D is not affected by it.

There is no way in hell that this app should use anything more than a few CPU cycles. 

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There is no way in hell that this app should use anything more than a few CPU cycles. 

I know, that is probably some kind of bug within AS16. I have this high cpu usage issue since ASN, and also in AS16, so until HiFi solves it I'm using task manager to keep it on the last core.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

1 minute ago, Pe11e said:

I know, that is probably some kind of bug within AS16. I have this high cpu usage issue since ASN, and also in AS16, so until HiFi solves it I'm using task manager to keep it on the last core.

Roll back to earlier version than 6255, and problem will disappear. 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Roll back to earlier version than 6255, and problem will disappear. 

Not sure I even updated AS16 to the newest version lol, didn't used it for a month or two due to lack of interest to fly lately. BTW I had high cpu cycles issue in all versions of ASN, but I can't say the same for AS16 as I didn't payed too much attention.

Having the same problem but then with FSX and the AS16 radar on my iFly causes enormous stutters;

Can't find the way to shut the radar completely off so some help would be appreciated and can't find any previous versions of AS16, every old download link brings me right back to the latest version ( 6255 ), how can I find them?

Herman