Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Taxi2Gate sceneries v4 compatible?

9 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Copied over the TKPK and TKPK Terrain folders and added them manually. Also copy over the "T2G**" files from the textures folder in V3 over to the textures folder in V4 for the town buildings to display properly. So far so good.

I am a FSX user so all my T2G airports are the FSX versions. If I had the P3D versions I would try you instructions.

So how does St. Kitts look in P3Dv4? 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

When I bought it in 2015 the installer was for both and as far as I'm aware only the install to P3D option was added. Give it a try. It looks pretty good. I'm at work so I don't have any screenshots to upload. 

5 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

When I bought it in 2015 the installer was for both and as far as I'm aware only the install to P3D option was added. Give it a try. It looks pretty good. I'm at work so I don't have any screenshots to upload. 

I will give it a go after work. Luckily I only have one dive today. 😆

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

For those copying folders over, exactly where would you copy them to?  There's no 'Addon Scenery' folder in P3Dv4 to install to. 

16 minutes ago, curt1 said:

For those copying folders over, exactly where would you copy them to?  There's no 'Addon Scenery' folder in P3Dv4 to install to. 

I've made a folder called Addons just outside of my P3D main folder and then made sub-folders such as 'taxi2gate' and put the airports there and then linked to them accordingly.

So far taxi2gate, justsim, digital design, simbreeze, tropicalsim are all working perfectly this way for me - UK2000 are also working except need to delete files within the scenery folder of each airport containing the word animate, trigger or fs9 - then they're fully compatiable

Infact out of my collection of almost 100 airports, only Aerosofts Dublin, Frankfurt don't work due to ground BGL and then LHSim Budapest due to the way they load buildings.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, rdtv91 said:

I've made a folder called Addons just outside of my P3D main folder and then made sub-folders such as 'taxi2gate' and put the airports there and then linked to them accordingly.

So far taxi2gate, justsim, digital design, simbreeze, tropicalsim are all working perfectly this way for me - UK2000 are also working except need to delete files within the scenery folder of each airport containing the word animate, trigger or fs9 - then they're fully compatiable

Infact out of my collection of almost 100 airports, only Aerosofts Dublin, Frankfurt don't work due to ground BGL and then LHSim Budapest due to the way they load buildings.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say you linked to them, are you creating .xml files to point to them, or just clicking 'add area' in the sim's scenery.cfg tab?  I'm so accustomed to standard installers that I'm getting lost in the verbiage everyone uses.  Thanks for your help.

Hi Curt,

I was going to do the .xml files but would of ended up taking so much longer so in the interim, i made a backup of my scenery.cfg file so I can always revert back (i.e. before p3d updates so it's all fresh), I then added them to the scenery config the same way as the past as in add area like you typed.

The good thing is by having all my add ons laid out in my own manual way, it means I can essentially 'back up' my 'installed sceneries' and put the folder back and then its simply re-linking in the scenery config whenever a p3d update or a reformat is needed, the inner-OCD is satisfied.

3 minutes ago, rdtv91 said:

Hi Curt,

I was going to do the .xml files but would of ended up taking so much longer so in the interim, i made a backup of my scenery.cfg file so I can always revert back (i.e. before p3d updates so it's all fresh), I then added them to the scenery config the same way as the past as in add area like you typed.

The good thing is by having all my add ons laid out in my own manual way, it means I can essentially 'back up' my 'installed sceneries' and put the folder back and then its simply re-linking in the scenery config whenever a p3d update or a reformat is needed, the inner-OCD is satisfied.

Okay, got it, thanks again for your help.

To create a link, you could create a small .bat file to run.

To do this AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS CAN POTENTIALLY RUIN YOUR P3D V3.

Create on your desktop a raw text. Give it any name.

Open with Notepad.

Add the following text :

mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files" "c:\Users\TopGun\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files"
mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons" "c:\Users\TopGun\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"
mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "c:\Users\TopGun\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
mklink /j "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "c:\Users\TopGun\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
mklink /j "c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"
mklink /j "D:\Prepar3D v3" "D:\Prepar3D v4" 

The last line should look like "Wherever your P3DV3 is located" then "Wherever your P3DV4 is located"

Then close notepad, rename the extension into .bat instead of .cfg ; double click on the file and you should be good.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS CAN POTENTIALLY RUIN YOUR P3D V3.

Edited by TopGun33

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

That bat is fine, except you're then installing them within the p3d directory and any future p3d updates you'll need to re-install everything again, by my DIY way you've essentially got a backed up directory of addon scenery that you can re-link in the cfg file at any time after updates.

Thanks for the options though, it's amazing how this community comes together and the more ways of doing things the better!?!

7 hours ago, paulhand said:

I just added them to the v4 scenery library by pointing at the v3 folders, didn't move any files and all seems to be fine at KSEA  and VHHH

The installer installs effects, effects\texture and \texture files you should move over to the p3dv4 directory.

I installed ksna, ksan and kmia and I have 

in effects\texture: Lvfr_SNArwy, Lvfr_SNArwy_red, Lvfr_twn, Lvfr_twn2, Lvfr_twn3, LVFRfloodtall

in effects: LVFR_floodtall, fx_Lvfr_twn2, fx_Lvfr_SNArwy_red, fx_Lvfr_twn3, fx_Lvfr_SNArwy, fx_Lvfr_twn

in texture: miaautogen, SNAautogen, SNAautogenlm

I could have missed a few in my search I did not write them all down after moving them over

2 hours ago, rdtv91 said:

Thanks for that mate.  I was wondering about uk2000 

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, rdtv91 said:

Just a small correction with respect to UK2000. One of the files to be deleted is timer.bgl not trigger. See the post here http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/index.php?topic=8846.0

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

I put all my P3D v4 addons in a folder outside of my main P3D install. I called it E:/P3D Addons/ this is where I will install all my 3rd party addon/scenery, etc...

I just moved over my T2G VHHH over from my P3D v3 install into this folder, does anyone know what other files that are associated from this airport that I may need to move over as well such as effects/ textures/ etc in order for it to be 1005 working in P3D v4? Besides just moving over the main airport addon folder, sometimes when installing airports, it also installs other files into Effects, Sounds folder as well, how can we find out what those files are in order to successfully move over everything and have it working in the new sim?

We must edit 2 files to get add-ons working, those are in the add-on.xml file inside Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and addon.CFG inside of C:\ProgramData\LockHeed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ right?

How are you suppose to edit your add-on.xml file if your scenery has like 2 sets of folders... such as 1 for the airport, and then another for the terrain? Inside my T2G VHHH folder I have VHHH and VHHH-Terrain, so how are we suppose to add this into the add-on.xml? Could someone please provide a sample of theirs so I can see how its done.

BTW, if you manually add a scenery while in the sim under World > Scenery Library, would it automatically create those add-on.xml entries and place the proper entries into your addon.cfg? This whole thing has got me confused.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Aaron - if you do it within the scenery library dialogue in the sim it will make all the necessary changes to any config files it needs to. If you are adding scenery, there are no other config files to edit. As you mentioned above some sceneries install some of their files outside the scenery folder. The method I suggested may have left some effect files behind for the T2G sceneries, and I'll have a hunt around to see, but it's super simple and got my VHHH and KSEA up and running in a way that works for me until they release a dedicated installer.

For VHHH you need to separately add the VHHH and VHHH Terrain folders to the scenery library using the sim interface. I put Terrain under the main folder but I'm not sure that required. I wouldn't mess with any XML files unless you're comfortable with XML - it's pretty unforgiving of errors!

Cheers

Paul Hand