Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Taxi2Gate sceneries v4 compatible?

3 hours ago, downscc said:

All my T2G sceneries work as expected in v4; however, I set up the add-on.xml file myself after letting the installer write the files to my addon data area.  The relationship between the airport scenery and terrain or landclass sceneries has to be observed.  Also, there are a few things to do if you are using FTX Orbx PNW region.  I am not using scenery.cfg for add sceneries.

For the interested, here is my T2G add-on.xml.  The path refers to my data area D:\Addon where all my sceneries are located:

Hope this helps someone.

Dan - Thank you!!! I finally have my KSEA working after seeing how you set things up.  I recently got UT Live working via the .xml method and after seeing how you did your airports it all finally clicked. 

Buddydog - Poppet did a tutorial on how to add Ultimate Traffic via the xml method.  It all works in a similar manner.  It's a little daunting and confusing at first but once you figure it out it really is simple and a great way to install addons.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

So in conclusion,

The best way is to re run the installers, point to V4, add those building texture files to the main p3d terrain folder and add them to the scenery config?

On another note, I am so bitterly dissappointed about the support from Taxi2gate, there was a time, not too long ago, that they were rivalling flytampa and the likes, as they were pushing out very high quality sceneries quickly.. They seem to have gone downhill and it's really sad.

• Upvote 1

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I don't know why you guys don't use Lorby's addon installer. One minute for each airport, all done.

I created a folder outside P3D, called addons, place prepare3D.exe in that folder,iall your airpots add to P3D using Lorby's app. Does all the xml editing for you. Taxi2gate airports just ported over.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

17 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

I don't know why you guys don't use Lorby's addon installer. One minute for each airport, all done.

I created a folder outside P3D, called addons, place prepare3D.exe in that folder,iall your airpots add to P3D using Lorby's app. Does all the xml editing for you. Taxi2gate airports just ported over.

Nice. Do you have a link to where it can be downloaded?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Nice. Do you have a link to where it can be downloaded?

Now version 0.99. You posted there, you must have forgotten about it. Great bit of kit. Saved me hours. Even installed WOAI, and about 300GB of airports.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Very nice! Thanks for pointing me to it.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

So basically Taxi2Gate is not v4 ready. None of their products have offical v4 installers or have been optimized for the new platform. 

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

7 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

So basically Taxi2Gate is not v4 ready. None of their products have offical v4 installers or have been optimized for the new platform. 

That is what it look's like. I had a issue installing LFPG manually add scenery and texture folders but did not work.

Dino Rossetti

Have you guys had any luck with the T2G support? In their new forum the account needs to be approved before you can post anything - which they hadn't done in two weeks, they don't respond to emails and the iflysim forum seems to be down.

Can we assume Taxi2Gate is closed for good?

T2G have posted on Facebook that a P3Dv4 compatible LFPG with dynamic lighting will be available on Simmarket within the next couple of days. Other sceneries will be made compatible afterwards. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks Carlo. Seems I need to subscribe to their FB page :D.

After reading through a thread like this one I'm amazed by the number of people willing to introduce potential issues to their brand new simulator installation by messing around with products where there's still no official support for the platform they are using.

Especially when there's already lots of real P3Dv4 products out there.

In the past I did the same thing and also installed various freeware products but these days I prioritize a stable installation over add-ons installed. I also do this to avoid having to answer yes if anyone asks me if I installed any non-supported or freeware products when I run into issues.

Nothing but a reflection ☺️

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Saw this on T2G's Facebook page last night.

"Hi guys, we think in a pair of days will be available lfpg p3d v4 at simmarket with dynamic lights option.

Next will come more previous sceneries for p3d v4."

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

12 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

After reading through a thread like this one I'm amazed by the number of people willing to introduce potential issues to their brand new simulator installation by messing around with products where there's still no official support for the platform they are using.

Especially when there's already lots of real P3Dv4 products out there.

In the past I did the same thing and also installed various freeware products but these days I prioritize a stable installation over add-ons installed. I also do this to avoid having to answer yes if anyone asks me if I installed any non-supported or freeware products when I run into issues.

Nothing but a reflection ☺️

At least with P3D v4 you can run error logging and find out if the installed addon is actually causing a problem or not.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

At least with P3D v4 you can run error logging and find out if the installed addon is actually causing a problem or not.  

Ok, that's good to know.

Richard Åsberg