Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Taxi2Gate sceneries v4 compatible?

8 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Ok, that's good to know.

Just add the line ContentErrorReporting=1 (0 to turn off) in the [MAIN] section of the Prepar3D.cfg file.

On each flight it will generate a report that is located in the Lockeed Martin Folder in your Documents.  Its an interesting read!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Just add the line ContentErrorReporting=1 (0 to turn off) in the [MAIN] section of the Prepar3D.cfg file.

On each flight it will generate a report that is located in the Lockeed Martin Folder in your Documents.  Its an interesting read!

Thanks! 

Will keep it in mind once I upgrade to version 4.

Richard Åsberg

Yep, with that they are (as far as I can tell) the only ones besides JustSim who charge an upgrade price for v4 compatibility. It seems the scenery developers with the worst reputation and support are the ones charging for upgrades, while the premium developers like Flightbeam or 29Palms don't. Interesting pattern.

I'll see what will happen to VHHH and EDDM and their v4 upgrade. If it's a mere adding of dynamic lighting (as with LFPG which I don't own) and they don't fix all the rest of the issues / update to the current status of the airport(s) then at least for me there is no more T2G scenery that I will ever buy. Their underwhelming support / lack thereof and their pricing strategy is not to be supported.

My 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, hawx2k said:

It seems the scenery developers with the worst reputation and support are the ones charging for upgrades, while the premium developers like Flightbeam or 29Palms don't. Interesting pattern.

Who you think is (or isn't) a developer with 'bad reputation' is a subjective matter. Quite frankly I really like Taxi2Gate Seattle, Chales-de-Gaulle and Hong-Kong. It's nice to see, that developers actually make use of the new technologies...

Personally, I don't mind to give €5 for Dynamic Lighting.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I don't understand why it takes so long to get all of their sceneries updated to v4? Is it a lack of resources or what? According to one of the podcasts which Mir from FlightBeam was part of, the process wasn't all this complicated compared to porting over aircraft to v4.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

well I menage to install LFPG on V4 without headache and dynamiclight are only FR Killer.

Dynamic Lights is only a frame-rate/performance killer if you run it in higher than 4xMSAA! 

IMO, it's an amazing feature to have real lighting for once, instead of that texture-fake-crap which is present in legacy ESP platforms! I really can't understand what's all the fuzz' about... Just lower your AA setting to not run SSMA or equally high Anti-Aliasing and you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Who you think is (or isn't) a developer with 'bad reputation' is a subjective matter. Quite frankly I really like Taxi2Gate Seattle, Chales-de-Gaulle and Hong-Kong. It's nice to see, that developers actually make use of the new technologies...

Personally, I don't mind to give €5 for Dynamic Lighting.

I don't mind either if it were for a scenery that is top notch and stands out among others (who don't charge 5€). T2G sceneries are far from that. VHHH is in a state that doesn't resemble the current airport by a long shot. It took T2G a considerable time and numerous patches to get EDDM working correctly. Their support forum on iflysim is down. Their "new" forum is not usable because they don't activate your account so you can actually post anything. They don't answer to emails. 

If I pay north of 30€ for a scenery it should be top notch - T2G sceneries are good sceneries, but not on par with the likes of Flightbeam or Flytampa or 29Palms. If these sceneries then don't receive meaningful support during their lifetime, let alone updates to their current state in the real world, and I then get charged yet another 5€ for mere v4 compatibility, I do mind paying 5€. It is simply not competitive.

7 hours ago, hawx2k said:

I don't mind either if it were for a scenery that is top notch and stands out among others (who don't charge 5€). T2G sceneries are far from that. VHHH is in a state that doesn't resemble the current airport by a long shot. It took T2G a considerable time and numerous patches to get EDDM working correctly. Their support forum on iflysim is down. Their "new" forum is not usable because they don't activate your account so you can actually post anything. They don't answer to emails. 

If I pay north of 30€ for a scenery it should be top notch - T2G sceneries are good sceneries, but not on par with the likes of Flightbeam or Flytampa or 29Palms. If these sceneries then don't receive meaningful support during their lifetime, let alone updates to their current state in the real world, and I then get charged yet another 5€ for mere v4 compatibility, I do mind paying 5€. It is simply not competitive.

I know what you mean... I haven't been in touch with their support department - so I can't draw any reference from that... T2G makes, IMO, quite nice sceneries, relatively fast. Of course they aren't up to par with FSDT, FlightBeam or FlyTampa! But I mean - who is? They're in a league of their own. 

We obviously have two different views here... If you're so against it, you have the option to refrain from purchasing an upgrade and remain without the latest technologies incorporated.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

16 hours ago, hawx2k said:

Yep, with that they are (as far as I can tell) the only ones besides JustSim who charge an upgrade price for v4 compatibility. It seems the scenery developers with the worst reputation and support are the ones charging for upgrades, while the premium developers like Flightbeam or 29Palms don't. Interesting pattern.

I'll see what will happen to VHHH and EDDM and their v4 upgrade. If it's a mere adding of dynamic lighting (as with LFPG which I don't own) and they don't fix all the rest of the issues / update to the current status of the airport(s) then at least for me there is no more T2G scenery that I will ever buy. Their underwhelming support / lack thereof and their pricing strategy is not to be supported.

My 2 cents.

FranceVFR announced their future upgrades at 50% of the V3 price...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

There are many developers who charge for V4 upgrades... Majestic is going to as well for their Q400.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

You are comparing apples with oranges. Making an aircraft 64 bit compatible requires re-programming or at least re-compiling all your dlls. In the case of Majestic which relies heavily on an external flight model this is quite some work. And BTW PMDG and Flightsimlabs and A2A are not charging for their v4 upgrades. 

This is not the case for an airport. So it's much less effort. 

Again, if T2G would have taken the opportunity (or will take it with their other sceneries that will be updated) to fix all other outstanding issues with these sceneries, then I'm even willing to pay 5€ for the update. But not for a mere inclusion of Dynamic Lighting. Which BTW is almost a necessity, because if it's not you indeed have to live with fps drops if the scenery doesn't support it. 

13 minutes ago, hawx2k said:

You are comparing apples with oranges. Making an aircraft 64 bit compatible requires re-programming or at least re-compiling all your dlls. In the case of Majestic which relies heavily on an external flight model this is quite some work. And BTW PMDG and Flightsimlabs and A2A are not charging for their v4 upgrades. 

This is not the case for an airport. So it's much less effort. 

Again, if T2G would have taken the opportunity (or will take it with their other sceneries that will be updated) to fix all other outstanding issues with these sceneries, then I'm even willing to pay 5€ for the update. But not for a mere inclusion of Dynamic Lighting. Which BTW is almost a necessity, because if it's not you indeed have to live with fps drops if the scenery doesn't support it. 

If you care to read my post again, you'd know that I wasn't comparing them! I simply stated that there are a number of developers who choose to charge for an upgrade. And I understand why. FS2Crew also charged for a whole new purchase. PMDG included the upgrade to V4, in the original pricing model. But if this is such a huge problem for you, then just don't purchase these addons. You always have the option of avoiding to upgrade... 

Besides - how do you know anything about the workload of making T2G's sceneries work in Prepar3D V4?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1. I already said twice that I won't purchase the 5€ upgrade if it is not providing more than mere v4 compatibility. That's my choice as you said. I don't have any other.

2. by mentioning Majestic in the context of discussing the rationale for upgrade prices for T2G sceneries you did compare it with sceneries

3. FS2Crew is also relying on dlls, so is FSUIPC and I don't mind paying for these, because it means re-programming at least some code and recompilation

4. No, I don't know how much effort it is for T2G specifically to make their sceneries work in P3D, but I take them up on their own statements which says they added Dynamic Lighting:

Taxi2gate: "I already say up here, we change the apron lights to dinamyc, also we add the option to not to use the dinamyc lights and use the lighting used before, we make corrections on settings for p3d v4."

Again, I think we violently agree that it is up to the customer if he wants to support this strategy by purchasing the upgrade or not. It wouldn't prevent me voicing my opinion about it though.