Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Taxi2Gate sceneries v4 compatible?

On 6/13/2017 at 7:04 PM, downscc said:

All my T2G sceneries work as expected in v4; however, I set up the add-on.xml file myself after letting the installer write the files to my addon data area.  The relationship between the airport scenery and terrain or landclass sceneries has to be observed.  Also, there are a few things to do if you are using FTX Orbx PNW region.  I am not using scenery.cfg for add sceneries.

For the interested, here is my T2G add-on.xml.  The path refers to my data area D:\Addon where all my sceneries are located:

Hope this helps someone.

Hey Dan. I just installed KSEA for v4 and I set up my add-on.xml like yours and it seems to work fine, but I am unable to select 16C or 34C when I set up my flight. I usually always start from a gate anyway so it's not a huge deal. I have Global/Vector/OpenLC installed, but I do NOT have PNW installed. I read the other forums detailing this issue. I still have to test the ILS for the center runways. I also don't have any other AFCADs installed that I know of. Did you have any AFCAD issues with Seattle? I'm still waiting for T2G to approve me to use their new forum. Thanks in advance. 

14 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

but I am unable to select 16C or 34C when I set up my flight.

The AFCAD or airport file from T2G does not have Starts on 16C/34C.  The airport file can be modified with ADE to accomplish this simple task.  As for the NAVAIDs, I am afraid T2G is no better than most developers with the placement of these so if you are as OCD as I am one must get the FAA data on such things and customize the airport file to put the DMEs in the right place, correct mag var, etc.  Most developers just give us the default NAVAIDs, something that annoys me after paying for a product.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 minutes ago, downscc said:

The AFCAD or airport file from T2G does not have Starts on 16C/34C.  The airport file can be modified with ADE to accomplish this simple task.  As for the NAVAIDs, I am afraid T2G is no better than most developers with the placement of these so if you are as OCD as I am one must get the FAA data on such things and customize the airport file to put the DMEs in the right place, correct mag var, etc.  Most developers just give us the default NAVAIDs, something that annoys me after paying for a product.

Have you looked at FS Aerodata? Personally I feel its overpriced and this data should just be included with a Navigraph subscription. Would it fix these issues? I don't think I've ever experienced an issue at another addon airport where the navaids didn't work correctly. 

Just now, Lude2Envy said:

Have you looked at FS Aerodata? Personally I feel its overpriced and this data should just be included with a Navigraph subscription. Would it fix these issues? I don't think I've ever experienced an issue at another addon airport where the navaids didn't work correctly. 

I wouldn't touch something like FS Aerodata.  The data is included with Navigraph, but the actual airport object is not part of the data and is imbedded in scenery.  This was the cheap way for MS to provided global coverage of all navaids, but by doing so they "baked" the information into the scenery.  The start locations would not be fixed by FS Aerodata and neither would it correct the placement of navaids.  The FS Aerodata stuff is based on Navigraph data, which is navigation data. The information I am discussing here is related to facility data, and other than services and frequencies you are not going to find lat/lon information for the placement of navaids such as DME or GS.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use this freeware package to keep the NAVAIDS up to date : http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html . The fact that the default airport and nav database is almost a decade old at this point for a $200 product is disappointing.

On 11/23/2017 at 0:01 PM, downscc said:

I wouldn't touch something like FS Aerodata.  The data is included with Navigraph, but the actual airport object is not part of the data and is imbedded in scenery.  This was the cheap way for MS to provided global coverage of all navaids, but by doing so they "baked" the information into the scenery.  The start locations would not be fixed by FS Aerodata and neither would it correct the placement of navaids.  The FS Aerodata stuff is based on Navigraph data, which is navigation data. The information I am discussing here is related to facility data, and other than services and frequencies you are not going to find lat/lon information for the placement of navaids such as DME or GS.

Thanks for the explanation. I was wary about them myself when I first saw them on the market. I think the biggest change, in the U.S. anyway, is just the decommission of VORs and NDBs around the country. The FAA is reverting to a skeleton network that is still functional should solar flares ever destroy GPS satellites or something. Not something that really makes much of a difference in the sim world. Anyway, thanks again for the info and for the great post about using add-on.xml files. 

On 11/11/2017 at 0:43 PM, B777ER said:

I have installed KMCO by copy/paste the file structure from my old install including the files that go into the main Effects and Texture folders. Only issue I am seeing is what looks like default taxiway signs in the middle of the taxiways. Anyone know a fix for this?

Hi, just in case you're still looking for this, I found the solution here. In my case all I had to do was to re-name the offending file from .bgl to .off and it worked perfectly removing all the extra signs. This file must have been missed by the ORBX FTX global installer after I upgraded the scenery client in P3D from 4.0 to 4.1. If you are using GSX make sure to re-generate the scenery cache in cuoatl, and likewise update any other addons that rely on scenery library or .xml scenery config. (Aivlasoft EFB, Radar Contact, etc...)

• Upvote 2

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

46 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Hi, just in case you're still looking for this, I found the solution here. In my case all I had to do was to re-name the offending file from .bgl to .off and it worked perfectly removing all the extra signs. This file must have been missed by the ORBX FTX global installer after I upgraded the scenery client in P3D from 4.0 to 4.1. If you are using GSX make sure to re-generate the scenery cache in cuoatl, and likewise update any other addons that rely on scenery library or .xml scenery config. (Aivlasoft EFB, Radar Contact, etc...)

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Hi there, Sorry to hijack a thread about compatibility...

I have just installed TKPK and I have this issue.

IPMSJwj.png

Jack Cannon

Make sure your TKPK_Terrain is below TKPK in the scenery cfg. If you have Caribsky St. Kitts make sure it is below TKPK and TKPK_Terrain

On 8/8/2017 at 0:34 AM, duckbilled said:

My hero as well. In addition to those files. I found

t2g2.dds

t2g2lm.dds

t2gist.dds

t2gistlm.dds

I'm hoping that the "2" ones are for MMMX and the "ist" ones are for LTBA. Unfortunately, I won't be able to verify everything until later this week, but this looks promising.

Thanks!

I can confirm that copying the t2g2.dds and t2g2lm.dds files from FSX/texture folder to P3dv4/texture folder solves the black autogen buildings issue in MMMX. Thanks for those that helped me out with this. 

• Like 1

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

On 3/11/2018 at 1:01 AM, Boeing or not going said:

Fix for black squares with blue glow on ground around taxiway lights at MMMX? FsTOxJ2.jpg

Fixed it by copying alpha layer from AICM-taxilights-base to AICM-taxilights-base_LM