Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

password issue

Hi guys

Putting this on here as I cannot talk to you otherwise.

I'm trying to raise a support ticket but for some reason it will not accept my password

I can login into the pmdg site and access my files,but when I try to use the same details for logging into to create a support ticket it says that the info is incorrect.I have asked for a pasword reset but as yet not arrived  and registering says that the details are already in use

can you advise on a fix thanks

Pete Little

Hello!!

Any chance someone from pmdg answer this please

I can access my acount fine but the logging in to the support section will not recognise my user name or password 

Pete Little

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure the Support Site requires you to register separately from your main PMDG buying account, as far as I understand it is a separate database.

Just register on there separately.

Tried that 

I registered with my details and it said that my email address was already in use.which would be correct as its mine!

I asked for a password reset and it says sent to my email address in green but it never arrives  i ve checked my junk folder etc but nothing is there

Pete Little

You have to create a separate Support Account different from your Purchasing Account. Only then can you get a Support Ticket. But as you seem to have a password issue, hopefully, Kyle may see this thread and supply an answer

I've just pm'd him. So hope i can get it sorted out later

Pete Little

Kind of hoped I would have heard something from pmdg by now, alas not

This after also sending a pm to one of there admin on here 

I would really like to have this resolved, but at the moment my only avenue of contact is this forum to which they seem to not answering

Pete Little

On 6/5/2017 at 5:36 AM, mazelda said:

Tried that 

I registered with my details and it said that my email address was already in use.which would be correct as its mine!

I asked for a password reset and it says sent to my email address in green but it never arrives  i ve checked my junk folder etc but nothing is there

Why not try getting a gmail account just for things like this.  This allows you to register a support account in a different email.  Once you have an account open that you can use, then you can submit a ticket requesting email accounts be combined and deal with the password.

It is possible that their password reset function is broken.  It has broken in the past.  I wouldn't rely on a user forum to help you but try to find other ways to getting into their Product Support portal.

Dan Downs KCRP

yea looks like thats maybe what I will have to do

will give it a little longer as the matter is not deadly urgent ,but it would be nice if they would answer especially as I pm'd one of them

I appreciate that they are busy with v4 but in my opinion doesn't show their support ticket system in a very good light

Pete Little

I am having precisely the same problem as OP. Multiple attempts to obtain the password reset with the web site saying that an email has been sent have failed. Nothing happens.

The lack of an official response on this forum is a bit disappointing, but fortunately I worked out a solution to the original problem.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

22 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

I am having precisely the same problem as OP. Multiple attempts to obtain the password reset with the web site saying that an email has been sent have failed. Nothing happens.

The lack of an official response on this forum is a bit disappointing, but fortunately I worked out a solution to the original problem.

you say  its  a  lack of  response  in this  forum  and now   you  don't  even  say  how you  solved  your  issue,  so guess  it  a  well kept  secret

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete. What I solved was the original problem for which I was requesting support. The password issue remains unresolved, but for the moment it's not blocking me.

For those who might be wondering, yes, I have purchased a license for both the NGX and T7. Wonderful products.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

Go here and read "PMDG support forum rules" (along the top). Points 6, 8 and 9 are of interest to you.

So I take it that no one knows a way to contact PMDG's support folks other than through the ticket system.

OK, thanks.

PMDG777 said

Go here and read "PMDG support forum rules" (along the top). Points 6, 8 and 9 are of interest to you.

Thats all very well and good, they don't have to answer pm's but if you can't access the support system in the first place and the pmdg moderators do not answer on here what exactly am i supposed to do !

As one poster suggested, it looks like i am going to have to create another support account, so i can hopefully get in touch with someone and then get them to sort out the account which my products are associated with, from an account that has nothing associated to it.

While in this case it's all above board and legal 

Whats to stop less scrupulous people trying to legitimise pirated software by this method.

I think they really need to look at how the support system operates and give some sort of option to contact them if you cannot do it through this channel

Meanwhile  still no word !!

Pete Little