Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

password issue

2 hours ago, jrw4 said:

So I take it that no one knows a way to contact PMDG's support folks other than through the ticket system.

OK, thanks.

Exactly.

Dan Downs KCRP

9 hours ago, mazelda said:

PMDG777 said

Go here and read "PMDG support forum rules" (along the top). Points 6, 8 and 9 are of interest to you.

Thats all very well and good, they don't have to answer pm's but if you can't access the support system in the first place and the pmdg moderators do not answer on here what exactly am i supposed to do !

As one poster suggested, it looks like i am going to have to create another support account, so i can hopefully get in touch with someone and then get them to sort out the account which my products are associated with, from an account that has nothing associated to it.

While in this case it's all above board and legal 

Whats to stop less scrupulous people trying to legitimise pirated software by this method.

I think they really need to look at how the support system operates and give some sort of option to contact them if you cannot do it through this channel

Meanwhile  still no word !!

The support system is not linked to your shop account. Create a new support account, send them a ticket including your order numbers etc (which you will have in your order confirmation emails) and hey presto.

4 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

The support system is not linked to your shop account. Create a new support account, send them a ticket including your order numbers etc (which you will have in your order confirmation emails) and hey presto.

Chris  the issue  is  that  the  reset option  for  if  you have  forgotten  your  password  to  get in the  support section is  broken, so  unless  you know  your  password   your  kind  of  stuck  between  2  rocks.  either  create  another id  which  will make  things  worse

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Chris  the issue  is  that  the  reset option  for  if  you have  forgotten  your  password  to  get in the  support section is  broken, so  unless  you know  your  password   your  kind  of  stuck  between  2  rocks.  either  create  another id  which  will make  things  worse

You don’t need the reset option to create a new support account. They will be able to manually reset the password to your shop account, or send the password reset option to an alternative email etc. 

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

You don’t need the reset option to create a new support account. They will be able to manually reset the password to your shop account, or send the password reset option to an alternative email etc. 

why  create  a new  account  when  you  already had  one  and  cant  remember  the password,  that's the reason  for  the password  reset option is  for  but  for  some  reason its  broken  and  doesn't  work

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

48 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

why  create  a new  account  when  you  already had  one  and  cant  remember  the password,  that's the reason  for  the password  reset option is  for  but  for  some  reason its  broken  and  doesn't  work

Peter,

As has been pointed out numerous times, the forum is not a means to contact the PMDG support team. The only way to officially get support is through the ticket system. Accounts can be deleted, it makes no difference to PMDG. Further, there is no way for a customer to hand over confidential information that PMDG may require such as email addresses, order numbers etc. It is clear in black and white in the forum rules that this is a peer-to-peer based support forum, not a direct contact with PMDG staff, and that PMs to staff do not get responded to. I have offered a workaround for the OP so they can contact PMDG directly.

Yeah, agree with Chris and others.  I've tried it and agree the password reminder is broken.  It's happened before and eventually PMDG will notice but meanwhile if your goal is to reach the support portal then follow the advice to set up a new account.  Try to remember your password next time.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Peter,

As has been pointed out numerous times, the forum is not a means to contact the PMDG support team. The only way to officially get support is through the ticket system. Accounts can be deleted, it makes no difference to PMDG. Further, there is no way for a customer to hand over confidential information that PMDG may require such as email addresses, order numbers etc. It is clear in black and white in the forum rules that this is a peer-to-peer based support forum, not a direct contact with PMDG staff, and that PMs to staff do not get responded to. I have offered a workaround for the OP so they can contact PMDG directly.

thx  for  that  but  i say  this  for the last  time,  as  Dan  said  above  my post  as  the topic  is  about  the password issue   and  since  the password  recovery option is  broken  there is  no  way  other  than to make  another  account  to  make  a support  ticket.  As  Dan  has  suggested  to the op   users  should  take  note  of  their  passwords

Peter kelberg

Gents,

We are aware of the issue and it has been forwarded to our vendor for handling.  We do not have an eta for a fix, but I suspect next week sometime.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com