Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

P3D4: How's your video card working out?

I just flew into KSFO from KDEN in the PMDG 747.  I have the 1080I.  Frames over the mountains were 70-100.  Dropped to 20-30 while landing and at Flightbeam KSFO with FTC NC I am getting 40.   I would have OOM in Ver3.  No bluries, no popping....smooth as ice.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Avidean said:

If I see a good deal on a used 1080ti ill pick it up but I am happy with the 980 ti so I will probably wait till next gen.

Me too.

11 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

My GTX 960 4GB is working fine but i am not pushing it yet. I am getting better frames in Pd3V4 with the same settings I used in PD3V3.4.

Greg

Thanks.  Good to know.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Places that my 1080 ti doesn't like....? Heathrow/London is of course still a frame killer at near max settings (15fps) and i found out tonight that Berlin is as bad, though i also had awful texture loading problems there. Blurries and slow loading all over. I'm reinstalling Orbx Germany North again as it didn't seem to look quite right either.

4 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

Places that my 1080 ti doesn't like....? Heathrow/London is of course still a frame killer at near max settings (15fps) and i found out tonight that Berlin is as bad, though i also had awful texture loading problems there. Blurries and slow loading all over. I'm reinstalling Orbx Germany North again as it didn't seem to look quite right either.

I get bad blurries if I used affinity mask in the cfg.

2 minutes ago, stripealipe said:

Crazy that even with a 1080 ti nothing is better then. Dont know why P3D still dont uses the hardware. You also have a much lower graphic card temp at 15 fps then at 50 fps in lower pop areas?

I get even 18 fps with my GTX 1060 on Very High everything and all the other stuff in London/New York/Los Angeles. All pretty much the same.

I get around 50 with a GTX970 in the Baron over the Bay area with FB KSFO. 

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Crazy that even with a 1080 ti nothing is better then. Dont know why P3D still dont uses the hardware. You also have a much lower graphic card temp at 15 fps then at 50 fps in lower pop areas?

I get even 18 fps with my GTX 1060 on Very High everything and all the other stuff in London/New York/Los Angeles. All pretty much the same.

That's because texture loading is all CPU. Just watch your CPU while flying :-)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, swiesma said:

That's because texture loading is all CPU. Just watch your CPU while flying :-)

On these areas with 18 - 20 fps? I have only average 40 - 60 % load over all cores. Temp is 39 °C or something so not a problem at all.

2 minutes ago, Nytro said:

On these areas with 18 - 20 fps? I have only average 40 - 60 % load over all cores. Temp is 39 °C or something so not a problem at all.

That's just not how it works. CPU usage is not an on-off switch of either being at 0% or 100%. Majority of the autogen rendering is done on Core 0, along with a lot of other things. However, it's still meant to spit out the rendered frame and have it sync up with the other cores, plus the GPU. Thus you might never see full utilisation. However, most people do see their Core 0 sitting at 90%+ with P3D. Autogen is some of the most process intensive stuff and it's the CPU that handles that, yet the game is poorly threaded. That's why major cities see a huge hit in performance. Your GPU has little influence on this.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

That's just not how it works. CPU usage is not an on-off switch of either being at 0% or 100%. Majority of the autogen rendering is done on Core 0, along with a lot of other things. However, it's still meant to spit out the rendered frame and have it sync up with the other cores, plus the GPU. Thus you might never see full utilisation. However, most people do see their Core 0 sitting at 90%+ with P3D. Autogen is some of the most process intensive stuff and it's the CPU that handles that, yet the game is poorly threaded. That's why major cities see a huge hit in performance. Your GPU has little influence on this.

Yeah sadly that v4 still dont use multi Core CPUs at all. Core0 90 %+ nailed, all other 5 Cores at 20 - 30 % lol.

I run a I7 4790K at 4.6 with a 1080ti at basic OC of 1962mhz and 5505 for the memory. Also use a 4K monitor 3840x2160 at 30hz. video drivers are 382.33. 16gb RAM at 2400mhz

In P3DV4, I have the autogen at Dense for all. AI is at 50/30 default. FXAA on. AA 4xMSAA, Aniso 16x, texture 1024. Vsync On, Triple buff and Unlimited.

Scenery complex: dense;

Autogen draw distance: high;

Autogen veg density: Dense;

Autogen building density: Dense

No dynamic autogen

Dyn reflection: low;

Level of detail : high

Shadow quality: medium

Shadow draw dist: High

Addons so far: Orbx regions, As dhc6, Realair Duke and Legacy V2. I am adding add ons one at a time and testing to see the impact if any.

At EGLL, I get 30fps steady, day night or evening. Temperature is in the low 50's and the fans are accordingly at 50%.

Still testing of course. I am still not pushing it too far: raising slowly the bar one at a time and rercording the results.

But as of now: 1621 EST June 4th, I have found a sweet spot which makes this simulator the best experience I have ever encountered.

Cheers

Pierre

8 minutes ago, ppo said:

I run a I7 4790K at 4.6 with a 1080ti at basic OC of 1962mhz and 5505 for the memory. Also use a 4K monitor 3840x2160 at 30hz. video drivers are 382.33. 16gb RAM at 2400mhz

Is the oc number ones you have set in the gpu software or ones you see when the graph tops out?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Basic OC from the Asus Strix and taken from the graph (monitored constantly with Nvidia Insp.

I have a second set of OC when I use FSX: 2022mhz and 5905 on memory. It makes a difference in FSX only.

Pierre

22 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Yeah sadly that v4 still dont use multi Core CPUs at all. Core0 90 %+ nailed, all other 5 Cores at 20 - 30 % lol.

What I see is that V4 loads all cores to the max in some situations. Especially in cruise. 

On the ground it is still limited by Core 0 at 100%. 

6 minutes ago, swiesma said:

What I see is that V4 loads all cores to the max in some situations. Especially in cruise. 

On the ground it is still limited by Core 0 at 100%. 

I can confirm that I have in cruise or around 10.000 - 20.000 feet at least sometimes 60 - 70 % core usage. So way more then on ground. But never get at 80 or 90 % if only for 2 seconds.