Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

P3Dv4 Flight Planner

I just used the v4 flight planner for the first time. Entered my airports, selected low altitude airways and....

there's no button to generate the flight! The only way to add additional waypoints is to drag the course line in the map view. 

Anybody else notice this? Am I missing something?

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Hi Russ,

I have stumbled across this too just now. The Learning Center says that there should be a "Generate Flight Plan" box, but there isn't. And the Map view isn't tabbed either, so you cannot switch to the Edit view like the doc describes.

Very strange, this looks like a bug - ?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

It looks like they have left the edit button out on this version, the flight plan is started by entering the departure and destination airports, flight plan type, routing and altitude and then adding waypoints through the map interface. you can remove a waypoint by clicking on it, a red X will appear and a click will delete it.

press ok and it will start the flight plan.

bob

10 minutes ago, onebob said:

It looks like they have left the edit button out on this version, the flight plan is started by entering the departure and destination airports, flight plan type, routing and altitude and then adding waypoints through the map interface. you can remove a waypoint by clicking on it, a red X will appear and a click will delete it.

press ok and it will start the flight plan.

bob

Hello Bob,

it is described differently in the Learning Center. It speaks of a "generate flight plan" box and automatic routing (=just like it always was).

Learning Center -> Prepar3D -> Navigation -> Flight Planner

The question is, which one was intentional - did they leave it out on purpose or by accident?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I have found that it doesn't generate an altitude, no matter which type of flight plan is generated. High, low, gps, etc. It will always have 0 altitude, unless you put it in yourself. I have to think this is a bug!

1 hour ago, whammo11224 said:

I have found that it doesn't generate an altitude, no matter which type of flight plan is generated. High, low, gps, etc. It will always have 0 altitude, unless you put it in yourself. I have to think this is a bug!

I saw on the Lockheed Martin P3D forum that it should be fixed on an upcoming update.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

This is four years after the previous post. It doesn't look to me like the flight plan edit has been fixed yet. Am I missing something?

17 hours ago, gallen144 said:

This is four years after the previous post. It doesn't look to me like the flight plan edit has been fixed yet. Am I missing something?

Nope it's standard operating procedure for LM to copy and paste on the Lockheed Martin P3D forum 'that it should be fixed on an upcoming update.' and then do nothing. 

I could give you nearly 10 examples of various things where this has happenened unfortunately. 

17 hours ago, gallen144 said:

14ppkc-6.png