Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Anybody using FRAPS?

Guest ebk

I've just started using "Fraps" for FS9 vids, but i've got one problem, using windows "movie maker" for editing, the finished vid always looks flattened/squashed, out of proportion, as here-When recording from the flightsim, i'm using screen res- 1024 X 768 X 32, that I assume is right, with the 4.3 aspect ratio movie maker has.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140082.jpgThe recordings are not distorted, until put into movie maker, so can anybody put me wise, as why this is happening?Thanks

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Is your monitor a widescreen running a normal resolution?

Hi.It is likely the Mode settings that you save in the Movie Maker or your Display settings, that you a re viewing it in. Look at Properties of your finished .avi and see what resolution it is. Try "VideoDub", free, and see if the problem goes away. I can tell you that Fraps does a good job at saving the proper ratio, if you start out with it in the proper format. TV

Guest ebk

Monitor is a 4year old 21" crt, quite normalI tried virtualdub, and with that, the vids were ok, trouble is, once I uploaded to my website, windows media player wouldn't open them!Videodub saves in "avi", does not seem to be any other option, and moviemaker in "wmv" (guess you know that:)Guess their must be something wrong with my settings in moviemaker, though dont think i've changed anythingThanks

Hi.I have no problem using MovieMaker with them, or playing them in Window Media Player9.There are many types of .avi. Make sure you select Mpeg4 or something else that Windows / MovieMaker can use. TV>I tried virtualdub, and with that, the vids were ok, trouble is, once I uploaded to my website, windows media player wouldn't open them!

Guest ebk

I'm guessing that the whole trouble with this distortion created by moviemaker, is that FRAPS only seems to save at 512x512, no matter what screen res fs9 is showingI,ve tried 1024x768, Fraps, half and full size, both files finish up at the same old res, 512x512, now that is not compatible with moviemaker 4.3 aspct ratio, so I get squashed/flattened soon as the file goe's into moviemakerplus i've tried other fs9 screen res, same result, I just dont get it!Thanks for replys

I have no problems with FRAPS and Movie Maker, as far as the aspect ratio goes. I am not very technically oriented, and I really don't know if this has any relation, however, do you have your aspect ratio set the same on your video card/display in the control panel as it is in the game? I record on two computers---one is 1600x1200 and the other is 1280x960 (both 4x3)I have both displays/cards set the same in the control panel and in the game. I record with FRAPS set at 'full' and Movie Maker at 4x3 with format NTSC checked. Also no filters are active in WMM. If you desire I can send you a short finished WMM movie via e-mail and you can see if it works.???Scott

Hi.>I'm guessing that the whole trouble with this distortion>created by moviemaker, is that FRAPS only seems to save at>512x512, no matter what screen res fs9 is showingThat should not be the case. I use Ver2.7.2 and I can record in Full or Half Screen mode. Try this: In MS select 1280x1024 and select 1/2 screen mode. The final res. should be 640x512, or try 800x600 Full mode. TV