Sign in to follow this  

Hi

I have just installed ADE v1.70. I am using FSX-SE.

I also installed the P3D v1.4 SDK as advised on STEAM as the FSX SDK has some files missing.

I have signed up at FS Developer forum for assistance but I cannot post because I have "insufficient privilges to post"   !!!!!!!!!!!!

All I want to do is add an ATIS frequency to a stock airport (FAEL). I added the ATIS com in ADE, saved the airport, but it does not show in FSX.

Could someone please guide me through the steps required to add the comm.

Regards

Trevor

40 minutes ago, TrevorS said:

All I want to do is add an ATIS frequency to a stock airport (FAEL). I added the ATIS com in ADE, saved the airport, but it does not show in FSX.

Regards

Trevor

Trevor,

Rather than saving the airport you need to compile it. Saving doesn't make the changes and produce a new AFCAD. After you compile it you need to take the new AFCAD and place it in the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. Then when you start FSX  it should work.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

From the drop down where you save the airport there is also a listing for compile the airport. Saving it puts it in the ADE format for recall by ADE. Compiling it puts it in the format to be used by FSX. Depending on where you save the compiled airport you may have to copy it to the location where the airport you edited is located and maybe also edit its name to match the old one. Backup by copying or moving to a separate file the original airport before you rename the new one with the old ones name so you can restore it if needed.

Thank you for your assistance.

Made the change - very simple - when u know how.

Trevor