Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

FSUIPC5

Hey guys is the paid version of FSUIPC really needed for PMDG aircraft? Or can I just install the free version 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I don't think you need it at all. But the free version is all you need for addons to talk to P3D, the paid part is for other features.

Angus,

FSUIPC is not needed for any of our products.  Hasn't been since 2011...

In fact- we generally encourage users to work our products without FSUIPC, as it has a history of creating interference that is unpredictable and hard to nail down.

• Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Angus,

FSUIPC is not needed for any of our products.  Hasn't been since 2011...

In fact- we generally encourage users to work our products without FSUIPC, as it has a history of creating interference that is unpredictable and hard to nail down.

Thanks Robert for the info 

Personally, I didn't have any kind of interference using FSUIPC. In fact it's very useful to assign your controls there as  you can enable filters and response curves for your controls. The most useful feature for me though is the Autosave function. I set it to autosave my flight every 10min, so if any crash happens I can recover my flight. Without this feature you are prone to losing a long flight completely in case of a sim crash.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

The paid version of FSUIPC5 is causing MAJOR issues with the V4 Queen.Don't purchase it and just use the free version.

• Upvote 1

Brian Swintal

13 minutes ago, rampantfox said:

The paid version of FSUIPC5 is causing MAJOR issues with the V4 Queen.Don't purchase it and just use the free version.

Thanks for the heads up on that

14 minutes ago, rampantfox said:

What kind of issues? I have FSUIPC5 registered, and the 747 v3 in P3D v4 works fine here...

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Chaps,

Do you have both the P3d V3 and P3d V4 747 installed?

I wonder if the problems some of us are having is somehow due to having both versions installed.

2 minutes ago, DT506 said:

Chaps,

Do you have both the P3d V3 and P3d V4 747 installed?

I wonder if the problems some of us are having is somehow due to having both versions installed.

My system is clean after format, Win10, only P3D v4 is installed.

So, yes maybe you should look on a conflict with P3D v3..

Perhaps if others who have no issues can chip in we might be able to nail this down.

I'm also using Win7 not Win10.

Both v3 and v4 here.  Win 7.  Registered FSUIPC with WideFS.   If I load the cub first and then the default PMDG livery it works....but strangely not every time.  If it works with the default livery and I go back to the cub and then add any installed livery it works again.  So odd.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Guys, I am 100% positive. There should be another factor into play for your issues. My system is clean after format. Installed only P3D v4. FSUIPC5 and PMDG 747 QOTSII for v4 are working fine. The aircraft loads as expected, all screens are up an running normally. External model, gear, FMC, autopilot, everything is playing normally.