Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

FSUIPC5

37 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

I suspect the issue of black screens and no landing gear is for those who also have the v3 version of the 747, like myself. Can those who have that problem confirm?

Should have nothing to do with it - they're independent installations, v3 can't affect v4 and vice versa.

I'm not sure precisely what's going on with all of this - we saw more than enough reports today that removing the FSUIPC dll fixes the problem to think there has to be something to the reports. I tried myself and I'm not seeing any issues with both the 747 and FSUIPC5 installed however. We'll keep an eye on it.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So Ryan, you have both 747 (v3 and v4) installed and FSUIPC 5 and no problems?

James Goggi

46 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Should have nothing to do with it - they're independent installations, v3 can't affect v4 and vice versa.

I'm not sure precisely what's going on with all of this - we saw more than enough reports today that removing the FSUIPC dll fixes the problem to think there has to be something to the reports. I tried myself and I'm not seeing any issues with both the 747 and FSUIPC5 installed however. We'll keep an eye on it.

With FSUIPC5 the initialisation text bar does not display, so something is stopping the 747 initialising. With the ER the MCP remains as the mechanical digit version (sorry, I can't remember the correct nomenclature) and not the LCD style.

David Porrett

Same problem for me. 

I found that if I load the 747 then load the default aircraft and then load the 747 again (all in the same sim session), it resolves the problem, but not sure why?

Followed installation procedure (several times) per the guideline. P3D v3 and fsuipc v4 still working following the installation with the new installer.

I am wondering whether the operating system plays a role for those that have it working? I am using Win 7 64 bit.

Happy to try out any suggestions.

Richard

Had another look at this.

Ok i have Win7. I had both the V3 and V4 installed and removed the V3 but it made no difference.

I fly the 400F with the KLM Goldstar Texture.

I have saved a scenario at EHAM using Flytampa.

If i load P3dV4 and load the saved scenario from the scenario screen i get the problem.

Sometimes if i swap to the default and back again it works sometimes not.

I wondered if it was due to having a saved scenario so:

I load P3dV4

From the scenario screen i change the vehicle to the 400f KLM texture

just hit ok to load the default scenario with the KLM 400f

Once the pmdg countdown gets to 0 i then load my created scenario from the menu.

The scenario at EHAM then loads correctly.

Ive tried this 3 times and its loaded correctly everytime. Ill continue to test but it maybe something to do with saved scenarios. Bit like the old days with fsx!!

3 minutes ago, DT506 said:

Once the pmdg countdown gets to 0 i then load my created scenario from the menu.

If you get the countdown it already means that it works. The issue is just that the countdown does not show up and the airplane remains with black displays and no landing gear...

James Goggi

James,

Yep i know. I just thought id let the aircraft load completely before trying to load my saved scenario.

Ok on a side note. When i thought i had this sorted i decided to copy over my saved modules directory that had my fsuipc saved in it with controls already configured. This was the version from Petes website.

When i copied this back into p3d and ran it again. It failed !!!!!!!

So i deleted the contents of modules again.

Ran the sequence above and it worked again.

Did a fresh install of fsuipc using the simmarket zip. Loaded my controls again and it works fine if i follow the sequence above!!!!

I'm not saying this is a fix. There is obviously a problem somewhere but it seems to work for me.

6 hours ago, petkez said:

No not at all needed. I purchased it as I use it to setup custom control configurations as I use a PFC Yoke for Boeings and and X55 for Airbuses etc.

Yes I figured the way the new aircraft are now that it shouldn't be needed unless your setting up joystick controls and buttons. Robert Randazzo even said this earlier himself in an earlier thread at the beginning 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

13 hours ago, aushie said:

Yes I figured the way the new aircraft are now that it shouldn't be needed unless your setting up joystick controls and buttons. Robert Randazzo even said this earlier himself in an earlier thread at the beginning 

It's not needed, but as others have stated if you want to customize your throttle to work with 4 engines and want to setup reverse thrust on just about any throttle, you DO need FSUIPC.  AutoSave is also a REALLY nice feature.    

-Don Geddes

10 hours ago, dgeddesjr said:

It's not needed, but as others have stated if you want to customize your throttle to work with 4 engines and want to setup reverse thrust on just about any throttle, you DO need FSUIPC.  AutoSave is also a REALLY nice feature.    

-Don Geddes

Oh yes I agree 100%

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Reading reports about this conflict between the QOTS II and FSUIPC5, it appears to me that another factor might be the operating system.

Is it possible that Windows7 is creating the reported issues while Windows10 isn't?

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

40 minutes ago, r_stopnicki said:

Reading reports about this conflict between the QOTS II and FSUIPC5, it appears to me that another factor might be the operating system.

Is it possible that Windows7 is creating the reported issues while Windows10 isn't?

Roberto

Looks like it. 1 out of 10 times loading a default aircraft first and then the 747 it works. Rest of the time, no gauges, no gear, no luck. Win7x64. Removing FSUIPC solves it, 747 also installed in v3.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

2 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Roberto

I have the issue and is on Win 7 64bit Home edition

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Hello Everyone,  I would be totally lost without payware FSUIPC plus the interface for both GOFlight MCP and the FMC.  All these interact with PMDG 737,777,747 and this has almost eliminated the use of the Mouse. This makes flying a dawdle. Regards. Richard Welsh.

Edited by richard welsh
Sorry, forgot to mention W7 FSX only,

On 6/5/2017 at 0:14 AM, Tabs said:

It seems to me as if the boys at PMDG are looking in to this.  They will test this in their sandbox I would assume in conjunction with Pete Dawson.