Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FTX Southern/Northern California runs very bad even in P3D v4

I have done numerous tweaking to my graphic settings, but these 2 areas I get around 11FPS sitting at the airport in both FSDT KLAX and FB KSFO...

My settings are very reasonable, I don't have everything maxed out. Seems like when I try to lower my settings, it has no overall effect at all whatsoever on increasing my FPS at all. 

I am using the default fighter plane too. 

Anyone else able to get decent frames in these 2 areas running at 4K?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Its not FTX Southern and Northern Cali its FSDT KLAX, have that too. 30 fps on the runway at stock KLAX. After start moving and take off 18 - 24 fps. With FSDT 13 - 15 fps and blurry a disgrace.

All FsDreamteam stuff is badly coded, using an very old and crappy script engine called coutl.exe. So I put that junk in the nirvana long time ago.

• Upvote 1

So the culprit is FSDT's KLAX? What about Flightbeam KSFO as well? I also get low fps with that also.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So the culprit is FSDT's KLAX? What about Flightbeam KSFO as well? I also get low fps with that also.

Flightbeam / FSDT comes from the same company. They just using different names, dont know why. Fact is technically they are identical. They using couatl.exe script engine (fs9 native ######).

So why don't they find a better method rather than using something that's so ancient. If this is the cause of the slow fps, then I don't think I will be purchasing anymore airports from them unless they can fix the problem or optimize their airports better.

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So why don't they find a better method rather than using something that's so ancient. If this is the cause of the slow fps, then I don't think I will be purchasing anymore airports from them unless they can fix the problem or optimize their airports better.

Im glad I never bought anything from them. You can test every airport from them 4 free tho for couple of minutes. Just Download anything from here and install: https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products.html You will get a message after you start a flight from that airport "xyz trial started".

I just tried KLAX and KJFK for v4. For KJFK its still the same that you cannot see the airport on the ILS slope at 2500 feet. :D Just a blurry runway no landing lights. Disgusting :D

Of course some huuuuuugee fps drops and hangs when the airport is displayed.

KLAX looks overall better and is not so blurry from at 2500 feet on ILS slope and landing lights indicators are there. But yeah huge FPS drop for me too. So I would suggest dont use their crap.

• Upvote 2

I Just bought P3D V4, and have loaded Orbx FTX Global and North American landclass, Once I installed Northern California however, My Screen freezes every 2 to 3 seconds even with fair FPS . If I go to an area with Global Base and Landclass only, then there are no issues . Anyone else have this problem ? 

19 hours ago, Nytro said:

Flightbeam / FSDT comes from the same company. They just using different names, dont know why. Fact is technically they are identical. They using couatl.exe script engine (fs9 native ######).

Uhhh.. no. We're not the same company. I would appreciate it if you didn't spread false information. We simply license the use of their Addon Manager to display our products. That is coming to an end this year as we created our own system which is much less complex and lightweight. 

The Addon Manager and Couatl is complex for good reason though, it practically runs the entire FSDT lineup including GSX with SODE integrated. For our use, it's overkill. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Nytro said:

Please stop spreading false statements.

Get your facts straight before advising others.

P.S. I neither work, nor am affiliated with either of the mentioned companies.

Simply put I am just allergic to people who spread false information.

Waleed N

While I cant speak to having good performance with the Fsdreamteam KLAX and Orbix SoCal combination, because I don't,  I can say I get 30 FPS  with all gates stuffed with AI while sitting in the cockpit of the PMDG 747 or 737 at rnwy 1L with the Flightbeam KSFO - Orbix NorCal combination.

-using Prepar3d V3.4 at 1900x1200 

19 hours ago, darrinward777 said:

I Just bought P3D V4, and have loaded Orbx FTX Global and North American landclass, Once I installed Northern California however, My Screen freezes every 2 to 3 seconds even with fair FPS . If I go to an area with Global Base and Landclass only, then there are no issues . Anyone else have this problem ? 

FTX NorCal and  more so FTX SoCal are notoriously hard on frame rates.  

Add in a complex airport and if you don't move some sliders to the right you're going to have some performance issue.  

P3D4 is no silver bullet for performance issues.  The ability to not worry about VAS does not translate into not worrying about FPS.

Ernest Pergrem

For kicks a giggles ...

My V4 report:

30 FPS!!! in the  PMDG 747- in virtual cockpit

Orbix NorCal -with the well known bgl object frame rate killers disabled via the scenery option control panel

Flightbeam KSFO at rnwy 1L

default time, weather,

gates stuffed with AI -from well know model producers

graphic and scenery settings that I will actually use -I'm still blown away by the visuals

Meanwhile, back at Fsdreamteam's KLAX rnwy 6R   ...wait for it ....30FPS. -without Orbix Socal

sys specs

i5 4670, gtx1070, 8 gigs ram. win7, 1920x1200

On 6/4/2017 at 1:56 PM, Nytro said:

Im glad I never bought anything from them.

I am sure they are glad, too.

You are quickly becoming the biggest troll on AVSIM.

Stephen Forsgren