Sign in to follow this  
Ryan36235

FSX scenery problem

when I install payware or freeware sceneries to fsx it works and i can see it in the FSX directory but when i load fsx and go to scenery library and check it doesn't appear so when i add it manually it shows up but when i press Ok and it go through the loading it disappears from the list

Are you using an auto-installer to install these scenery packages or are you placing them into

another folder in FSX yourself?  Can you give an example of a freeware one, link or filename?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

i tried FSX Scenery for LEVC FREE. VALENCIA and put it in addon scenery and didnt work charliearon

The one LEVC scenery addon I found for FSX was in the Flightsim.com library.   It contained 3 files

that should be placed into the FSX/AddonScenery/Scenery folder.  Then start FSX and the scenery

will load automatically.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Ryan36235 said:

i know how to do it, its just no scenery that i install appears in the scenery libary

When you say it does not appear in the Scenery Library, are you going through the procedure of "Add scenery" and then clicking in the white area of the box so it will actually add the scenery to the library?  I assume your computer is Win 7 or above??

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

yeah, i follow the same procedure ive always done and the ones ive seen on youtube and nothing works. im using windows 10

If you put it directly in the addon scenery/scenery folder it doesn't appear in the scenery list under its own name but is a part of the "addon scenery" and then it will be automatically there without the need to add it manually.

Herman

9 minutes ago, Ryan36235 said:

tried it and still doesnt work

Can you kindly post some screenshots of what you are doing? Charlie or me, or others may be able to spot what's going wrong.

Nee meither!  Not into the social networking thingys!:blink:

Charlie Aron