Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

P3Dv4 QOTS II Repaints not added after update

Good afternoon all,

My removal and reinstall of the 747 went flawlessly yesterday however my repaints did not carry thought.  I was not sure if this was expected behavior or not.  All of the liveries for v3 persisted but none carried though for v4.

So my question is - do we have to reinstall liveries for v4?

18 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

So my question is - do we have to reinstall liveries for v4?

Yes. Separate installs. They should all be stored locally in the cache, since the actual textures are largely the same, so installation should be relatively quick.

Keep in mind that P3Dv4 is essentially like FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 - you can maintain entirely independent installs of all of those, with as many or as few liveries as you wish.

Kyle Rodgers

33 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yes. Separate installs. They should all be stored locally in the cache, since the actual textures are largely the same, so installation should be relatively quick.

KR - just a follow up to this. Do you know if there is a way to pull through the aircraft "customizations" we have made though the FMC in v3 in to v4?

23 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

KR - just a follow up to this. Do you know if there is a way to pull through the aircraft "customizations" we have made though the FMC in v3 in to v4?

Copy the 747_options.ini file into your v4 install (found in the [sim root]\PMDG\747 QoTS II\  folder)

Kyle Rodgers