Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC3 Pilot

Sound problem on flying lessons

Guest DC3 Pilot

As I advance through the FS2004 "Flying Lessons," Im finding that some lessons have no audio (which means I'm spared Rod Machado's bad jokes and puns, but then I don't get the lesson either :-)). Speficially, the first solo flight lesson under Instrument Flying has no sound. Most of the other lessons do, but a few don't. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have a fix? Also, every time I exit a lesson without completing it, the program crashes to desktop . . . same questions. Thanks, Gary.

Guest DC3 Pilot

Never mind :-)I figured it out :-)

Guest Rockcliffe

So what's the solution? I lost the audio for the first jetliner lesson, one that I found quite useful the one and only time I heard it.BlairCYOW

Guest DC3 Pilot

Some of the lessons actually don't have sound. They are the ones designated as "solo" lessons. For example, under the "Pilot Training" lessons, the first lesson, Taxiing, is solo and has no sound. Similarly, the "Instrument Training" lesson entitled Scanning the Instruments is a "solo" flight and has no sound. All the rest have sound, at least for me :-)Best,Gary

Not an answer to your original question, but if you are following all the lessons, it may help you to know that there are some missing sound files in the FS2004 lessons. They are called in the adventure script which drives the lesson, but they are not on the CD. Fortunately they can be found on the FS2002 CD if you still have one, for details see topic #226356.--Bryn