Sign in to follow this  
bobnv

My traffic P3D V4 causing crash

If I untick it in scenery library all is fine.  Did a reinstall of my traffic, still crashing.  jabloomf1230 saw your comments on some a/c from fs9 may be the cause.  How can I fix that?  Thanks for any help.

Don't have MyTrafficmil.bgl, but I see military a/c.   Never had a problem with that with V3.

I had the same problem and could solve it by deleting following  fs8/fs9 a/c in MyTraffics aircraft folder:

AS365MX
B707MTM
B742MTM
BJ400
CV440MX
DC6MX
DC8-50MX
DC10-MTM
HarrierMX
SH3MX
UH1MX
UH60MX

credit goes to Jay, see also https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511367-resolved-mytraffic-pro-60a-crashes-p3d-v4/

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks, but didn't help, didn't have BJ400.  This strange that only a few has this problem. & not everyone.

1 hour ago, bobnv said:

Don't have MyTrafficmil.bgl, but I see military a/c.   Never had a problem with that with V3.

This indicates you did not disable it in the MyTraffic folder.  It is the fix if the AppCrashView or EventViewer is showing ntdll.dll as the faulting module. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, bobnv said:

jabloomf1230 saw your comments on some a/c from fs9 may be the cause.  How can I fix that?

I'm pretty sure that FS9 aircraft will not cause P3d V4 to CTD. They just look pathetic. The animations don't work and some of the older models have black liveries. It is possible to update Fs9 models to P3d with Model Converter X, which is freeware and you can use Google to find a download for the most recent version. The only reason that I did so is that I was working with the My T 6 developer, Burkhard Renk in an attempt to isolate errors associated with the military traffic BGL file. Converting the few FS9 military models to P3d format does not change the CTD behavior (and the animations don't work either), so I suggest that you disable that one My Traffic BGL file, by renaming it to something like BGL.orig. The other approach that works for me is to employ another freeware app, AI Flight Planner and split the military BGL file into several smaller files based on small groups of military aircraft models. That approach is tedious but at least one can see military traffic in sim.

Just had the same CTD during my first stress test flight FT EHAM to T2G KMCO in the 747 Couldn't believe i was going to make it then Boom CTD

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f8283
Faulting process ID: 0x3930
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2dd52d351d319
Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: e98781fd-1b1b-4998-a273-d57899c6d68c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I have just now deleted the mention files above and noticed MyTrafficmil.bgl was already renamed MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive should i leave this?

I know only time will tell if the error is fixed but after a ten hour flight im keen to know if i am on the right track to fixing ntdll.dll error

Sorry for hijacking this post  

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

13 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

MyTrafficmil.bgl was already renamed MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive should i leave this?

If it has been renamed, it will not work so no reason to change it.  There is a confirmed issue with MyTrafficMil.bgl.  For me, it did not happen immediately but suddenly started getting the ntdll.dll errors.  Renamed MyTrafficMil.bgl to MyTrafficMil.bgl.off and crashes stopped.  I doubt the issue will ever be fixed.

2 hours ago, bobnv said:

Does that mean a bad P3D install?

No.  There is an issue with MyTrafficMil.bgl.  If you have your AI settings set to max or above 30%, you are only increasing the chances for an issue.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

If it has been renamed, it will not work so no reason to change it.  There is a confirmed issue with MyTrafficMil.bgl.  For me, it did not happen immediately but suddenly started getting the ntdll.dll errors.  Renamed MyTrafficMil.bgl to MyTrafficMil.bgl.off and crashes stopped.  I doubt the issue will ever be fixed.

Thanks as always Jim. Unfortunately my sim time is severly limted so getting these CTD on the rare Sunday i have free is extra frustrating if it continues i may just delete My Traffic i only have it set to 10% anyway for a little bit of eye candy

Again thanks for your help

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

1 hour ago, stephenbgs said:

getting these CTD on the rare Sunday i have free is extra frustrating if it continues i may just delete My Traffic i only have it set to 10% anyway

Understand fully.  I would not delete it, just disable it in the scenery.cfg.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Don't know what I was thinking, but I was looking in P3D scenery for the traffic mil.bgl.  I realized it's in MT scenery.  Anyhow I renamed it, & things look fine now.  A nap does wonders for me.:biggrin:

12 hours ago, bobnv said:

A nap does wonders for me.

Me too!  Happy to hear you got it figured out!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM