Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

Carenado for v4

Makes my day!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I don't know about this, carenado has a pretty good reputation of not fixing anything and just keep pushing new aircraft's out the door, I own about 30 different planes from them between x-plane and p3d. here it is June and x-plane 11 has been out almost 2 months and not a single plane has been updated. I made the decision to quit buying from carenado until I get some of my investment back for what I have spent.most planes run between 30-40 bucks and you take that times 30, a lot of you wouldn't be happy either.that's an average of about 1,000 I have spent on their products and currently own only one working plane which is the phenom 100 for x-plane 11. if it would have been x-plane 10 I would still be waiting. sad.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot3810 said:

here it is June and x-plane 11 has been out almost 2 months and not a single plane has been updated.

The PA31 XP11 version was just released, and the AC500S XP11 version was released mid May. Just FYI.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I did not expect free updates from them. That's really awesome. I mostly fly my A2A and Milviz now, but I own about 25 Ceranado/Alabeo planes, and would love to get at least 5 or 6 of them in v4. GREAT NEWS. Thanks for posting.

On 05/06/2017 at 4:07 AM, Nytro said:

Waiting for that as well. I have the King Air 350i from them and unflyable in v4 :dry:

Unflyable? I doubt it - if it's got wings, I can fly it. 😋

4 hours ago, N2382R said:

From the Carenado team:

"Official Carenado Statement about the recently released Prepar3D version 4
June 9th, 2017

With the recently released version 4 of P3D, all our aircraft have been grounded. All of them were developed for 32-bit, and don´t work with the new 64-bit platform, causing internal logic incompatibilities (no problem with the model and textures).

The solution is not too complicated, but requires work. We know how to make them compatible, and we will start working on them soon.

The process will take time because we will have to update more than 80 aircraft. We hope to accomplish this task in the next months and start re-releasing a fair amount of updated aircraft each month.

For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge."

All of them don't work? Sounds like Carenado needs to read the recent C337H thread. 😊

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

10 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

I don't know about this, carenado has a pretty good reputation of not fixing anything and just keep pushing new aircraft's out the door, I own about 30 different planes from them between x-plane and p3d. here it is June and x-plane 11 has been out almost 2 months and not a single plane has been updated. I made the decision to quit buying from carenado until I get some of my investment back for what I have spent.most planes run between 30-40 bucks and you take that times 30, a lot of you wouldn't be happy either.that's an average of about 1,000 I have spent on their products and currently own only one working plane which is the phenom 100 for x-plane 11. if it would have been x-plane 10 I would still be waiting. sad.

I don't think XP11 is as high on their priority list just because of the size of the customer base.  So, I'm hoping they are smart business people and will want to keep their P3D fleet (and XP11 eventually) up-to-date.  Plus, their note says that they know how to fix the P3D fleet and that it is not too complicated.  So, I'm hopeful that they will follow-through.

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale