Sign in to follow this  
maca11

new version 747 for v3 and V4

Hello, is there any way how to install new version to P3D v 3.3  (new installer does not allow to install to p3d v3 unless there is the newest version 3.4..) ?

many thanks !

Jan

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

Hello,

pls, anybody has solved this issue ? I do not want to re-install p3d v3.3 to v3.4 (mine 3.3 is fine-tuned and stable).

I assume that new version of PMDG747 is not changed comparing to previous one so it cannot run in v3.3 anymore (if can run on v3.4.), so it is a matter of installer checks. Is there any recommended way around to avoid upgrade of p3d v3 ?

many thanks !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

4 hours ago, maca11 said:

pls, anybody has solved this issue ?

I'm unsure of what you want to be solved here. Run the installer. If it only detects one version of P3D, it'll just go right into installing the plane. What issue are you seeing, or are you simply assuming there is one?

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm unsure of what you want to be solved here. Run the installer. If it only detects one version of P3D, it'll just go right into installing the plane. What issue are you seeing, or are you simply assuming there is one?

I'm guessing Jan wants to install the latest version into P3D v3.3 but the installers only detects v3.4>??

Hello, yes, that is correct.

I wanted to install new version of PMDG 747 to my p3d 3.3. installer does not allow that (asking for newer p3d v3 version....).

many thanks

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

I too wish to install the new version of the PMDG QOTS 744 into my Prepar3d V3.4

However, the file downloaded PMDG QOTS 744 will only install into Prepar3d V4, which I am not ready to purchase at this stage.

Is there an updated PMDG QOTS 744 that works with Prepar3d V3.4 or do I have to revert to the older PMDG QOTS 744 version installed.

Unfortunately I removed the PMDG QOTS 744 which was already installed, and I am left with no PMDG QOTS 744.

I hope it's understandable.

8 hours ago, Debowing said:

I too wish to install the new version of the PMDG QOTS 744 into my Prepar3d V3.4

However, the file downloaded PMDG QOTS 744 will only install into Prepar3d V4, which I am not ready to purchase at this stage.

Is there an updated PMDG QOTS 744 that works with Prepar3d V3.4 or do I have to revert to the older PMDG QOTS 744 version installed.

Unfortunately I removed the PMDG QOTS 744 which was already installed, and I am left with no PMDG QOTS 744.

I hope it's understandable.

The latest installer from your account should work with both V3.4 and V4, it should automatically detect what installation you have and install as appropriate.

Hello, yes, but can this new version of B744 be installed somehow not to p3D v3.4, but to p3D v3.3 ?

many thanks

(I hope there is no difference in the model re these two p3D versions except of installer checks...)

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

@maca11 - have you tried opening a ticket regarding this? 

It's much easier and faster to get support through that channel.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 hours ago, maca11 said:

Hello, yes, but can this new version of B744 be installed somehow not to p3D v3.4, but to p3D v3.3 ?

many thanks

(I hope there is no difference in the model re these two p3D versions except of installer checks...)

JM

You could just update the client of P3D, this would give you v3.4 in the eyes of the installer but you’re not going to have to fully reinstall. 

12 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

The latest installer from your account should work with both V3.4 and V4, it should automatically detect what installation you have and install as appropriate.

It does and says that according to my registry the installed version is not V4 and this release only works with V4 and aborts.

10 minutes ago, Debowing said:

It does and says that according to my registry the installed version is not V4 and this release only works with V4 and aborts.

I'm guessing something has gone wrong with registry paths at some point as the latest installer should work on v3.4 and v4.

26 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

You could just update the client of P3D, this would give you v3.4 in the eyes of the installer but you’re not going to have to fully reinstall. 

Hi, great, this is what I wanted.

However, what do you mean by update the client only (some specific file replacement ?)

As I am happy with v3.3 a do not want anything changed to v3.4...

thanks !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

1 hour ago, maca11 said:

Hi, great, this is what I wanted.

However, what do you mean by update the client only (some specific file replacement ?)

As I am happy with v3.3 a do not want anything changed to v3.4...

thanks !

JM

http://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Download_and_Install_Instructions_v3.pdf

See bottom of page 3 section titled Updating Prepar3d v3. Stop at the point where it says "Aside from the Client, the other two components to a Prepar3D installation are Content and Scenery...". You do not need to update content or scenery, only client.