Sign in to follow this  
77west

I managed to OOM v4!

2 hours ago, S_D said:

I didn't think Vector was P3Dv4 compatible yet Rob? It's not showing in my Orbx Central anyways...

Vector  works, but the configurator utility does not and needs to be updated.

I did the Texture Exp tweak to 10 and LOD increase, FPS are fine but load times took huge hit from 0-100% on the SSD. Is this normal behavior from this tweak? @Rob Ainscough

17 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

FPS are fine but load times took huge hit from 0-100% on the SSD. Is this normal behavior from this tweak?

Yes this is expected behavior, but if you are still using a 980Ti per your sig, then I would NOT set TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10.

Cheers, Rob.

19 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes this is expected behavior, but if you are still using a 980Ti per your sig, then I would NOT set TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10.

Cheers, Rob.

Whoops need to edit that! There we go. 

On 6/5/2017 at 0:56 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

With those add-ons and the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 you'll need more than 8GB VRAM.  But 16GB system RAM is "enough" so far.  But if you want to keep using TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 you'll need to get a 1080Ti or Titan X Pascal ... I've managed to use 10.8GB VRAM in some of my extreme tests when using TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 and increase shadow res/distance to 8192.

Your OOM issue is VRAM, not system RAM.

Cheers Rob.

Hello Rob, Thanks for commenting on this mate, that explains why i had an OOM at Heathrow lol. Yeah i will definitely reduce that back to default. I have a 1070 TI and i honestly forgot about the 8gb limit lol. Anyway thanks mate, Will be sure to reduce that back to default. :)