Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Realair Lancair Legacy in P3Dv4

Guest JustanotherPilot

Can someone explain how to get the Realair Lancair Legacy for Prepar3Dv3 into v4. A lot of video clips show this aircraft in the v4 demo. I know Realair for Prepar3dv3 installed to an external location outside of the root folder(I have this installed for P3Dv3) given this, there must be some coding to point to the Prepar3D v3 location. I was hoping to copy this using the v4 location, but I can't find the "pointer" anywhere, so can't copy it over.

Steve s

see the post on Duke Turbin

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I did a fresh install to v4 and it seems to be working fine. Flying it right now in fact.

- Aaron

9 minutes ago, slait said:

I did a fresh install to v4 and it seems to be working fine. Flying it right now in fact.

How did you install exactly? Where did you point the installer to?

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

How did you install exactly? Where did you point the installer to?

Thanks.

I pointed it right to the P3Dv4 install folder. Other than that, nothing special.

- Aaron

Guest JustanotherPilot

1 minute ago, slait said:

I pointed it right to the P3Dv4 install folder. Other than that, nothing special.

Slait,

Do you still have your Legacy installed in Prepar3D v3 ......by pointing to the v4 directory did you get a duplicate location of each version? BTW Thanks Jim I'll look it up.

steve

3 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Slait,

Do you still have your Legacy installed in Prepar3D v3 ......by pointing to the v4 directory did you get a duplicate location of each version? BTW Thanks Jim I'll look it up.

steve

No, I had uninstalled v3 and all associated add ons quite some time ago. So essentially it was all new installs.

- Aaron

Hi  JustanotherPilot

Legacy Installs  into P3Dv4 as detailed above

But in my case my Parallel installation of P3Dv3.4 complained at startup that I had multiple Legacies installed.

I sorted this by going into Legacy aircraft cfg in P3Dv3.4 and added a figure- 1-to the first line for each texture

Hope this helps if you get the same problem 

xxd09

I just installed the Turbine Duke v.2 into P3Dv.4 by installing it into my Documents>Prepar 3Dv.4 Addons folder.  It works perfectly and is the way they recommend installing aircraft.

You just need to go into the add-ons.cfg make an entry for the Duke, like the ones that are there, then make an .xml file in the Duke folder so that the sim can find the aircraft.

What I did was install the A2A Cessna 172 into P3Dv4 and then duplicated what A2A did, since that aircraft installed into My Documents\Preapr3Dv.4 Addons.

I'm sure that it will work the same way for the Lancair.  I'm going to try it tonight.

Bob