Sign in to follow this  
Cap737Jon

XFEED / Tank/Eng help

Hey everyone. I can't seem to figure out what the heck this plane wants from me. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Everything on...

gets this....

All XFEED off..

Gets this...

So what do I need to do here??

Thanks,

Jon

Im limited on time atm so i can only give quick answer, sorry.

First, make sure you press the button to bring the fuel page to the display. Then you can follow the fuel flow and also see what happens with the flow when you press the buttons you did.

If you have no fuel imbalance, then you just switch off the Xfeed and override buttons and the message will disappear after around 3 seconds

If you have a fuel imbalance too, you first have to manage fuel flow so that the engines take fuel from the fuller tanks. Then if all same level you can set al to normal again.

Alex

BetaTeamB.png

You aren't supposed to close the crossfeeds with the guarded switches. That's why you got the crossfeed configuration warning. When FUEL TANK/ENG comes up, you close the unguarded crossfeed switches.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

You aren't supposed to close the crossfeeds with the guarded switches. That's why you got the crossfeed configuration warning. When FUEL TANK/ENG comes up, you close the unguarded crossfeed switches.

When I don't close those the FUEL TANK/ENG comes up. I'll give it another try and see what happens. Thank you all for the fast replies. 

26 minutes ago, SaenchaySor said:

Im limited on time atm so i can only give quick answer, sorry.

First, make sure you press the button to bring the fuel page to the display. Then you can follow the fuel flow and also see what happens with the flow when you press the buttons you did.

If you have no fuel imbalance, then you just switch off the Xfeed and override buttons and the message will disappear after around 3 seconds

If you have a fuel imbalance too, you first have to manage fuel flow so that the engines take fuel from the fuller tanks. Then if all same level you can set al to normal again.

Alex

All fuel is balanced with in .1 I'll have to give this another shot.

Jon

Take a look at the link i posted above, it should be a bit clearer there than i said it. (Click on the Headline Fuel Imbalance

BetaTeamB.png

24 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Disregard.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

4 hours ago, Cap737Jon said:

When I don't close those the FUEL TANK/ENG comes up. I'll give it another try and see what happens. Thank you all for the fast replies. 

Re-read what I said. You aren't supposed to close the crossfeeds with the GUARDED switches. In other words, the two crossfeed switches where you have to open the guard to close them, don't. Only close the two unguarded switches when the FUEL TANK/ENG warning pops up.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 hours ago, Cap737Jon said:

Hey everyone. I can't seem to figure out what the heck this plane wants from me. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

You are. There's a tutorial, an intro manual, and a pinned post at the top of this subform - all of which address this exact question. Please have a read through all of them, particularly the tutorial and intro manual, as both are meant to teach you how to use the aircraft, and answer all of the common issues that may arise.

Kyle Rodgers