I was fooling around trying different things and got so screwed up I wanted to change it back but couldn't.  I tried to figure out how to get it back to the default setup but could not find out how, not even in the manual but it's probably there someplace in the 70+ pages.  I believe there is a simple way to do it but don't have a clue.  Please help.

Rich

AHA!  Figured it out.  

Btw, been meaning to tell you.  I very much appreciate you don't add anything to the registry with an install.

Rich

Hi Rich,

good it it is solved. Well ... the manual could be better structured, but I have no idea how. At least there is a  section "troubleshooting".

Yes, I don't leave anything in the registry but a few files in AppData/Roaming. All documented in the manual if you want to get rid of the program and all its remains.

Alex

Yeah, I never found that in the manual but I remembered when the new stable version came out, I replaced the old with the new and the format was the same so I figured there had to be a folder somewhere and did a search.  Voila, there it was and I deleted it.

Now I'm trying to figure out something else.  Couple years ago I made a bunch of afcads.  There are about a hundred of them, PoIs from Tongass Fjords and Vancouver+.  I put them in a folder in the scenery directory.  They show up in FSX but not in LNM.  Any ideas to save me some time?

Rich 

All LNM versions can deal with configuration files of the older versions. At least I test it that way. No need to delete them.

Airports should show up in LNM if they are visible in the simulator and are referenced in the scenery.cfg. Otherwise you found a bug.

What is important that they really contain an airport and not only scenery. Also file names like brx*,obx*,cvx*,dem* are excluded from loading.

Do you use the release 1.4.3? The beta versions had a problem and did not show airports with runway length 0.

You can load the scenery and then have a look at the log file (see about dialog) if your filenames show up there. Or send me the log file of a loading session and the scenery.cfg by email if it does not work.

Alex

Hey, maybe I found a bug.

These aren't scenery files.  I'll give you an example.  Tongass Fjords has a bunch of USFS cabins.  The lat-long-alt for all of them are in the manual.  I made an afcad (example AFX_J423) of them all and put the files in the TF scenery folder which is in the scenery library.  They show up in FSX when I search the scenery.  But they don't show up in LNM.  I am using the latest stable version that you put out a few days ago.

Rich,

can you send me this AFCAD by email (see about dialog)? I have to check what's wrong there.

I have a similar AFCAD for ORBX NZSI containing all the small landing strips and these show up in the search and on the map.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Edited by albar965

I'm in the middle of a reinstall and don't yet have the Orbx NZ regions installed.  However, I just installed that NZNI file, and ran the LNM Load Scenery Library, and the airports did not show up.  Therefore I suspect there is something missing in my LNM install.  Something I unchecked to turn other things off.  I can send you an afcad if you provide an email addy but I don't believe that will help.  I think I'll need to go through and test different buttons to see what will bring up the afcads.  lol unless you know offhand what it might be? 

Take your time with the files. Email addresses can be found in the about dialog or on my GitHub profile.

"Map" -> "Reset Display Settings" can help if something does not display as expected. 

Alex

Resetting the display settings solved the problem.  The afcads are now visible.  I don't know which button caused it but I will watch from now on.  Thank you for your help.