Sign in to follow this  
Guest guyishai

DF Baron VC Problem

Guest guyishai

Hi all,I'm having a performance problem with the Baron Lite's VC. Whenever I move the mouse in VC mode, and the cursor appears, the FR drops dramatically and FS stutters. when the cursor disappears again, the R goes back up. I have this problem with the A36 too, but expect of it, all my other airplanes' VCs run completely smoothly with the mouse cursor on them or without it (for exapmple, the Carenado C182RG, which is also very complex).The funny thing is that the problem appears only when the cursor is pointing exactly on the VC. If I open a pop-up window in the VC view, and let the cursor "rest" on it, everything is smooth and fast, but at the moment I move the cursor away from it, the FR drops again!My drivers are updated, and changing all kinds of options in FS (moving all of the sliders to the minimum), in the Baron itself (disabling the reflective glass, the VC comlexity or even disabling all the gauges in VC, leaving only textures), or in Windows (choosing the simplest mouse cursor, without any special effects) didn't help.Any advices?Thanks ahead,Guy.

"System specs and FS Slider setup are also helpful."Personally I set up my sim with a fav aircraft and then leave it as is. You should never have to compromise any FS settings to an aircraft, should be the other way around. If an aircraft is to heavy in the designing that it won't run on the setup I have it at, it's gone.As for the Baron, I find it easier on performance than the A36. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

In addition to some of the other questions... what kind of mouse are you using?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest guyishai

I'm using a Logitech optical mouse. A pretty regular mouse, nothing special.My system:P4 2.6 with HTASUS P4P800 DeluxeGEIL 2*512 3200DDRAlbatron GF6600GTAs for my FS slider settings, nothing happens if a change them, so I don't think they would be useful here.

Guest av84fun

Try using another mouse. Maybe swap yours with a friend for a day to try to rule out a hardware/driver issue with your current mouse.Regards,Jim

Was there software you installed with that mouse? If so see if there is a way to disable it so the computer just uses the generic three button mouse drivers WindowsXP uses and see if that stops the problem.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Does it do the same in both windowed and full screen mode?Does this happen right from loading the aircraft?Do you start FS with a default flight i.e. Cessna at Seattle?Have you tried loading the aircraft in different places i.e. FS starts with the Cessna at Seattle, leave weather alone and switch to Cape Town/London/wherever and then load Baron/A36?The wind-up is that I've seen this before, but can't remember what add-on or what the cure was.Dreamfleet Project ManagerGreatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest guyishai

For Zane: I tried the generic driver and the official Logitech driver, butchanging the drivers didn't help.For Paul:1. Yes.2. Yes.3. No, I choose a flight from the "Create a flight" screen, but it is almost always the same flight, which is also the default one.4. I tried, but it also didn't help.Anyway, thanks for your will to help!

Shot in the dark here: If you're running anti-aliasing and/or anisotropic filtering on your 6600GT, turn them off, reboot, and try it again. I have a problem where whenever I get a tooltip or popup on the screen when running any AA or AF, my screen "tears" and "ghosts" and stutters. It's happened to me with about seven or eight different driver versions, 6x.xx, 7x.xx, and 81.xx.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

I can tell you that none of my computers used for beta testing which included a couple Nvidia and a couple of ATI cards showed this kind of problem, nor did any of the other beta testers report this. I do recommend that you post this on Dreamfleet's support forum: http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...topics&forum=27 but chances are very good there is something about your configuration or setup that is the root cause. I have yet to see you or anyone else post this same problem there.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest guyishai

I posted it once on the DF Support forum, and found some temporary solution that didn't really solve the problem (some twicks using FSM that improved the performance a bit). Now I have some time and I want to find a real solution.Maybe I will post it again.