Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

My Traffic 6 installation issue v4

Hi all,

I just added my My Traffic 6 installation to v4 through Elaine's method, as my v3 installation was still installed in a separate folder. Did everything as instructed but the ai models are all messed up. Please help.

2017-6-5_13-26-25-327.jpg

hello.
also problems here:

installed V6a.
insertet the path in my simobjects.cfg from V4.
installed the scenery in scenery library.
deactivatet the default traffic.bgl in scenery/world/scenery

set traffic to 100%. but no AI´s there.
what have you done to see this planes?

That's what happened to me first. I then followed the install advice with the add-on xml file and that worked. 

Hans

29 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

That's what happened to me first. I then followed the install advice with the add-on xml file and that worked. 

Hans,

Please would you point me to the install advice with the add-on xml file.

M

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

I tried that method as well but that didn't work either. Now I seem to have completely messed up my v4 installation. Scenery is all messed up. Trying to reinstall now..

Update :  Seems like re activating ORBX after the reinstall is not working properly and completely messing up the scenery. I've posted a thread in their forum about it.

For MyTraffic to work - only 2 things are required

a path to the MyTraffic aircraft folder
a path to the MyTraffic scenery folder

This can be done a number of different ways. 

This method avoids messing with the P3D system simobjects.cfg and scenery.cfg
-------------------------------------------------------

Create a simple add-on.xml that contains all the required information.

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="3,3" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>My Add-on developed by My Company.</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>D:\FS_Apps\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scenery</Category>
        <Path>D:\FS_Apps\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
        <Name>MyTrafficScenery</Name>
		<Layer>114</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Note this file contains complete paths to both the aircraft and scenery folders. It also tells P3D where to place it in the scenery library.

Make sure you use the complete paths that refer to your installation.  Mine is installled  in D\FS_Apps

Place the addon.xml in a subfolder you create in the \Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic\add-on.xml

When you start P3D it will ask you if you want to activate - Yes

Notes

You can check if MyTraffic has installed propery by going to

Top Menu > Options > Addons

Note it is also possible to disable it from this screen - thought it will require a sim restart

The MyTraffic scenery folder contains the aircraft routes and schedule.....it also contains a lot of AFCAD files, some scenery files and other 'stuff'.  

In my own set up I seperate the two as these extras files seem to cause enormous problems especially when using addon scenery.

• Upvote 3

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Thanks Tony, will monitor this and similar threads further. I will eventually move to P3Dv4 when more of my preferred add-ons are compatible.

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Mario

I also use this technique for my P3Dv3 install 

• Upvote 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

thank you Toni, i give it a try!

Perhaps you didn't used the proper text editor that I outlined in my post on how to do this properly!  v4 uses a different format for the text of the .cfg files and as pinned in the top of this forum, if your not careful it will mess up your install and you'll have to start again!

let me know if you need any assistance

Does anyone know if you must use the DX10 compatible option or if both DX9 and 10 work in P3Dv4?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

11 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

Perhaps you didn't used the proper text editor that I outlined in my post on how to do this properly!  v4 uses a different format for the text of the .cfg files and as pinned in the top of this forum, if your not careful it will mess up your install and you'll have to start again!

let me know if you need any assistance

I used notepad ++. I didn't change any settings, just copy/pasted your text, changed the file path and saved.

One thing I did notice though was that it seemed the MT6 installation I had was not the MT6a version so I may have missed that update. I have downloaded the latest version and will update and try again.

For the previous issue that happened with the scenery, a reinstall of the ORBX libraries seems to have fixed that.

I will post here again tonight after trying with the updated version.

Cheers.

Good lord....all I did was use Notepad++,  add the following, and everything works fine.

simobjects.cfg in ProgramData

[Entry.XX]
PATH=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
TITLE=MyTraffic Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

And then added MyTraffic scenery folder to the scenery library. Voila...done...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

3 hours ago, RancidViper said:

I used notepad ++. I didn't change any settings, just copy/pasted your text, changed the file path and saved.

One thing I did notice though was that it seemed the MT6 installation I had was not the MT6a version so I may have missed that update. I have downloaded the latest version and will update and try again.

For the previous issue that happened with the scenery, a reinstall of the ORBX libraries seems to have fixed that.

I will post here again tonight after trying with the updated version.

Cheers.

Okay. Let me know how it goes and if I can help

10 hours ago, Gridley said:

Does anyone know if you must use the DX10 compatible option or if both DX9 and 10 work in P3Dv4?

The DX9 option might not work fully as that may include FS8/9 format models.  They are reported to have problems in P3DV4 including missing moving parts.  As that's a legacy format, it's probably not something that will be fixed in the simulator.