Sign in to follow this  
hkhoanguyen

Cabin layout in 64 bit

Hi, as we now have 64 bit platform, would it be possible if someday we have a nice cabin design for the 777 please ? (Like the one from CaptainSim) I know we all sit in the cockpit but it is nicer if we have a cabin to enter and rest for long haul flight :blush::happy:

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Pardon me but, that's kinda useless, isn't it?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I wish they would make the frame of the plane from the VC view so when we have shadows from the cockpit we are not seeing just the cockpit shadows. Makes it look ridiculous. I think the Aerosoft CRJ has the plane cylinder from the VC view. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

@Warrior Pilot - they did that with the 747...

Jonathon Ryans

• Upvote 1

Nice!

Just now, rdtv91 said:

@Warrior Pilot - they did that with the 747...

Jonathon Ryans

Signature.png

6 hours ago, hkhoanguyen said:

Hi, as we now have 64 bit platform, would it be possible if someday we have a nice cabin design for the 777 please ? (Like the one from CaptainSim) I know we all sit in the cockpit but it is nicer if we have a cabin to enter and rest for long haul flight :blush::happy:

Thanks

Firstly, you gotta sign your full name with your post, forum rules. Secondly, PMDG does not do virtual cabin stuff like that. Maybe if theres some spare time, but its not what PMDG does. Dont hold your breath waiting.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I don't understand the concept of a fully modeled cabin for flight sim, I'll list MY pros and cons...

I would take ground vehicles or highly detailed cockpits/aircraft over them any day.

Cons of having a virtual cabin:

• Increases performance requirements (Main Reason CS products are so GPU thirsty)
  • Can't really do anything with it, it's static, no benefit from it operational wise.
  • Uses resources that can be utilized elsewhere for other systems/models while still maintaining good performance (The secret to PMDG 747 ii perf. success? o.o )

Pros of having a virtual cabin:

• You can see all the people who love to fly with you as their Captain.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

I am currently happy with the FSLabs and PMDG representation of a VC in PMDG. I think the issue would get solved with two things. 

1. Make a way that the VC cannot get particles in it from the spot view while under a shelter. For example if it rains right now and you're in wing view on the FSLabs a320 it also rain inside the cabin.

2. Make the viewpoint less sensitive to walls. If you are walking in the cabin currently the VC basically goes through the wall even though you are still in the main aisle. 

Those two things can fix it and it wouldnt compromise the performance. 

Signature.png

While on the subject of this, does the new 64-Bit architecture mean the limits on polygons and animations in the VC no longer exist anymore?

5 minutes ago, SpeedbirdA320FO said:

While on the subject of this, does the new 64-Bit architecture mean the limits on polygons and animations in the VC no longer exist anymore?

I don't think so, those are engine things and depends on the capacity of the engine to deal with what have to be done quickly enough. I don't think this issue has ever been a 64 bits constraints, it's inherent to any graphic engine that it have a limit to what it can do at a single time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Pardon me but, that's kinda useless, isn't it?

1 hour ago, CaptainGabe said:

I don't understand the concept of a fully modeled cabin for flight sim, I'll list MY pros and cons...

I would take ground vehicles or highly detailed cockpits/aircraft over them any day.

Cons of having a virtual cabin:

• Increases performance requirements (Main Reason CS products are so GPU thirsty)
  • Can't really do anything with it, it's static, no benefit from it operational wise.
  • Uses resources that can be utilized elsewhere for other systems/models while still maintaining good performance (The secret to PMDG 747 ii perf. success? o.o )

Pros of having a virtual cabin:

• You can see all the people who love to fly with you as their Captain.

Cheers.

You can say the same about all external views/models....

40 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Well in all honesty for me it could be without.

Though the external model does have a lot of uses, first it casts shadows so if you fly sun behind you and landing you should see the shadow in front, which means you need the aircraft model, otherwise what you have in the view from the cockpit would not be realistic though I'll admit it's still eye candy.

Most importantly is with the 777-300ER as there is the taxi camera you obviously need the external model because otherwise the cameras have nothing to show. And on smaller aircraft you may be able to see the wings, and to get it right you need the full model as it would be difficult to place bits of aircraft with no references at all. And it's of use for replays/screenshots obviously. But the cbin really has no purpose at all.

1 hour ago, Raven9000 said:

Yep, never said i need them. Except you don't waste time modeling something, it's just a view with zero impact on anything.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

13 hours ago, hkhoanguyen said:

I know we all sit in the cockpit but it is nicer if we have a cabin to enter and rest for long haul flight :blush::happy:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/503886-747-v3-inflight-entertainment-system/

:wink:

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

The main issue here isn't addressable space (x64 v x86). The issue is performance (all of that stuff most of us don't care about still gets rendered, and therefore drags performance down), and the fact that the models have other sorts of limits, like the number of animations and so on.

Either way, I don't see us modeling a cabin any time soon.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers