Sign in to follow this  
hkhoanguyen

Cabin layout in 64 bit

I agree Kyle, the sim needs cycles in areas far more important than a virtual cabin.

But, some day.....as advancements in computer technology continue, I'd like to see a virtual cabin with stewards/stewardesses waiting on folks, complaining to the captains about the temperatures, or air pressure if you're not monitoring that, reporting the occasional clogged toilet, etc.   As it stands now one could set the systems up and everyone in the rear cabin would die and you'd never know it beyond the perhaps taking a read of the temps or PSI level indicator dropping.  We need feed back from the back of the plane especially if we're screwing up.  That part could be done as LEVELD had some nice sounding British ladies who were not shy about calling the cockpit with an occasional request.

Here are a few things they could call up with:

"Excuse me captain we've got smoke in the galley"

"Excuse me captain the smoke detector has illuminated in the rear toilet"

"Excuse me captain we have a medical emergency and need to land as soon as possible"

"Excuse me captain we've had to duck tape two disruptive passengers to their chairs."

"Excuse me captain can you please close the rear doors?  The snow and cold are taking a toll on the pre-schoolers (the rest garbled yet distinctly uttered with the rolling of eyes)."

"Excuse me captain can I bring the cockpit crew anything?"

But....dreaming real big here - what about a design editor that allowed one to design their own BBJ (Boeing Business Jet).  You could trick out an interior that was totally unique to your style.  Mine would have an all female crew with some dedicated to the oversized whirlpool I'll be in after every stop.   I'll leave the rest to everyone's imaginations.

P.S. For anyone who hasn't picked up the book "Coffee, Tea, or Me" it's a wonderful read about the true stories of a group of airline stewardesses. 

Mark