Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Chaseplane delete my EZCA in P3DV3 while using V4

Hi,

When i start P3Dv4 it is removing EZCA2 camera entrys in P3Dv3 and putting in Chaseplane Cameras ?

I want to have EZCA2 in V3 and Chaseplane in V4

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

This is still not fixed,

If i starts Prepar3Dv4 it deletes my camera entrys for EZCA2 but in P3Dv3 even without autostart with sim  enabled.

I want to have EZCA2 in V3 and Chaseplane in V4

Thanks

Latest experimental version 

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It is not possible to use both on the same system at this time

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven - I also havethe same problem, and it is a pain.  I like ChasePlane and am now using it in P3Dv4, but I have carefully tweaked ECZA effects in P3Dv3 I don't want to lose. 

How hard would it be to provide a switch in the ChasePlane startup that allows the user to optionally disable ChasePlane's deletions to P3Dv3's app data cameras.cfg and exe.dll, and not autostart ChasePlane in P3Dv3 ?  Certainly it is great that ChasePlane can read EZCA cameras.  But this forces V4 users to migrate all their V3 airplanes and cameras at once !  For many, it is  a huge job.  Allowing graceful migration to V4 while still being able to use EZCA in v3 would be much better.  I think I recall your telling us at FlightSimCon that users had freedom to decide when they wanted to migrate.

Chuck

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, Keven Menard said:

It is not possible to use both on the same system at this time

I understand we can't use both on the same sim version (CP & EZDOK on P3Dv3), but the op ask for using EZDOK on P3dv3 and ChasePlane on P3Dv4, so 2 different sims. I am holding to buy CP because of this.

Could you please confirm this ? Can we use EZDOk on P3Dv3 and CP on P3dv4 ?

Mike

Mike - My experience has been: not easily, at least for now.  If you launch the current version of ChasePlane with P3Dv4, it does a check of the cameras.cfg and exe.dll of both P3D versions you have installed, and tells you that it is deleting EZDok cameras and EZDok startups in v3.  If you previously saved your P3Dv3 EZDok camera sets, you can import them into ChasePlane in P3Dv4, add camera effects, turn onTrackIR if you have it,  set preference for Chaseplane autolaunch in P3Dv4 and you are good to go in v4.  But if you now go back and try to run P3Dv3, you'll find your EZDok startup disabled, and when you start EZDok manually, your external cameras don't work properly.  The workaround fix is to run EZCA config.exe to reset things in P3Dv3.  Hassle is that you must do this each time you transition back from v4 to run P3Dv3.  See my previous post.  P3Dv4 and addons remain a work in progress, and to help us all through this transition period  I'm hoping Keven can find a way to make the ChasePlane check of P3Dv3 EZDok optional.

Chuck

• Upvote 1

LOL, in Europe Microsoft and Google get dragged through the courts and fined for these kind of anti-competitive practices.