Sign in to follow this  
McDaniel

Load scenery library grayed out...

Love the program, many thank's!

I cant select Load scenery library, it's grayed out. I have the Little Navmap on a remote, connected with little navconnect.

How do I create the scenery library on my flying machine to import in the remote navmap?

Thank you

McDaniel

Hi McDaniel,

you cannot create a scenery library on the remote computer. You have to do that on the flying computer and copy the database file(s) over to the remote.

The menu item "Scenery Library" -> "Show Database Files" will open the directory in Explorer and show you the files.

Described in detail here in the manual.

Alex

On 6/5/2017 at 11:21 AM, albar965 said:

Hi McDaniel,

you cannot create a scenery library on the remote computer. You have to do that on the flying computer and copy the database file(s) over to the remote.

The menu item "Scenery Library" -> "Show Database Files" will open the directory in Explorer and show you the files.

Described in detail here in the manual.

Alex

Alex

I want to take advantage of SIDS and STARS so if I purchase the two nav data updates you specify can you walk me thru what I would need to do to update my current databases. I currently use the latest version of LNM on a client PC and network into my Flightsim PC. I was thinking of using the FMS loader app for Navigraph data since I use P3Dv4 and X Plane 11. I was going to purchase the one time file from each vendor if possible and need help on how to install both into P3D and link appropriately to LNM.

I assume when you enable X Plane I will be able to use these with my father 767-300 as well?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe,

14 hours ago, joepoway said:

I want to take advantage of SIDS and STARS so if I purchase the two nav data updates you specify can you walk me thru what I would need to do to update my current databases.

The only way to get SIDs and STARs into LNM for now is the fsAerodata update. This will update the whole simulator navdata. Means you will also see the updated airports, navaids and other features in the default GPS and map. They use an existing Navigraph subscription.

I was thinking of using the FMS loader app for Navigraph data since I use P3Dv4 and X Plane 11

Not needed for LNM but for all other aircraft or tools that use their own navdata. fsAerodata has its own installer.

I was going to purchase the one time file from each vendor if possible and need help on how to install both into P3D and link appropriately to LNM.

All has to be installed on the flying computer. Not on the remote/networked one. Install LNM on both computers.

I assume when you enable X Plane I will be able to use these with my father 767-300 as well?

A 767 add-on?

So,

1. Get the navdata updates and install them on the flying computer.

2. Install LNM on that same flying computer and create the scenery database.

3. The Menu item "Scenery Library" -> "Show Database Files" opens the database directory showing the files to copy.

4. Copy the database file(s) to the remote computer. Use the menu above in LNM on the remote to find the right place.

The detailed instructions are here.

Alex

7 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Joe,

The only way to get SIDs and STARs into LNM for now is the fsAerodata update. This will update the whole simulator navdata. Means you will also see the updated airports, navaids and other features in the default GPS and map. They use an existing Navigraph subscription.

Not needed for LNM but for all other aircraft or tools that use their own navdata. fsAerodata has its own installer.

All has to be installed on the flying computer. Not on the remote/networked one. Install LNM on both computers.

A 767 add-on?

So,

1. Get the navdata updates and install them on the flying computer.

2. Install LNM on that same flying computer and create the scenery database.

3. The Menu item "Scenery Library" -> "Show Database Files" opens the database directory showing the files to copy.

4. Copy the database file(s) to the remote computer. Use the menu above in LNM on the remote to find the right place.

The detailed instructions are here.

Alex

Thanks Alex

I have been using LNM on my client PC for over a year so the process is the same as if I was starting an initial setup except I first must load both the Navigraph and fsAreodata onto my flight sim PC. Do I restart everything like I did when I upgraded to your recent new version or do I just load the Flight Sim PC again to generate the new files and copy them over to the Client PC?

The 767  is the Flight Factor 767-300ER I purchased for X Plane 11 that uses a CDU just like the PMDG aircraft for P3D so I assume when you add X Plane 11 capability to LNM I will be able to take advantage of all the capabilities using X Plane and flying the 767.

Three last questions:

By installing and letting fsAreodata update my entire nav database will this cause any issues with anything else that utilizes the database or is it only neutral to better?

When you release X Plane 11 capability will the X Plane Custom Data folder also have to be modified with an fsAreodata install and if so will that even work with X Plane?

Lastly when do you expect the X Plane 11 capability to be released?

Again thanks for all that you have and continue to provide to the flight sim community!

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hi Joe,

10 hours ago, joepoway said:

Do I restart everything like I did when I upgraded to your recent new version or do I just load the Flight Sim PC again to generate the new files and copy them over to the Client PC?

You only have to load the database again on the sim computer. Then copy it over to the remote/client.

I plan to add an automatic download in the future to avoid this cumbersome procedure, but no promise when.

The 767  is the Flight Factor 767-300ER I purchased for X Plane 11 that uses a CDU just like the PMDG aircraft for P3D so I assume when you add X Plane 11 capability to LNM I will be able to take advantage of all the capabilities using X Plane and flying the 767.

You can already export a flight plan as an X-Plane FMS file. The navids will not match from the FSX data but it should show up in the CDU somehow.

By installing and letting fsAreodata update my entire nav database will this cause any issues with anything else that utilizes the database or is it only neutral to better?

I wouldn't expect any issues. They create a backup of the stock data (i.e. the BGL files) and you can enable and disable it on the fly. Check their website and forums for compatible programs.

When you release X Plane 11 capability will the X Plane Custom Data folder also have to be modified with an fsAreodata install and if so will that even work with X Plane?

fsAerodata is not for X-Plane. As far as I know Navigraph updates the data directly into the custom data folder. This will be supported by LNM.

Lastly when do you expect the X Plane 11 capability to be released?

Have to see. Should be no later than end of August, but no promise.

Alex

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Joe,

You only have to load the database again on the sim computer. Then copy it over to the remote/client.

I plan to add an automatic download in the future to avoid this cumbersome procedure, but no promise when.

You can already export a flight plan as an X-Plane FMS file. The navids will not match from the FSX data but it should show up in the CDU somehow.

I wouldn't expect any issues. They create a backup of the stock data (i.e. the BGL files) and you can enable and disable it on the fly. Check their website and forums for compatible programs.

fsAerodata is not for X-Plane. As far as I know Navigraph updates the data directly into the custom data folder. This will be supported by LNM.

Have to see. Should be no later than end of August, but no promise.

Alex

Hi Alex

Sorry to keep bothering you with questions but also thank you for your patience and quick replies.

I installed fsareodata and installed the latest Navigraph data using it and all went well. I had to check the P3Dv3 box and point the folder to my P3Dv4 install because they still don't have it as a default choice. To be sure it worked I searched my P3Dv4 folders and saw that the file had been updated and now included their files as well. I then reloaded the database with LNM on my flight sim PC and copied the 2 new data files and replaced the 2 data files on my client PC with the new files just like a new install process would do and all went well.

Here's my issue now.

Before I created and pasted the new files into LNM on my client PC when I ran LNM and highlighted all the options to show on my map I would see Jet Airways and Victor Airways as well as additional waypoints (one in particular SARGS of KSAN airport) However after installing the 2 new updated data files after running fsareodata with the latest navigraph data I no longer see any Airways on my map and the SARGS waypoint is gone as one example of missing waypoints. When I reinstall the old files they are obviously back and vise versa.

Unless I'm missing something and these are now buried in a SIDS or STARS option I'm missing it would seem my database is now smaller not larger. What am I missing?

Lastly assuming I can resolve and/or understand this issue I'm still missing the method to select and add SIDS or STARS to my flight plans. I don't see any method to select a SID or STAR and add it to a flight plan other than just knowing every waypoint and manually adding it to the plan or selecting each individual point via the map drag and drop method. Is there a function like in a CDU for an airliner that would allow you to select a known SID or STAR from the procedures pages and it to add to the flight plan? Say I was flying KSAN to KSFO and just wanted to add a particular SID to KSAN or a STAR to KSFO by selecting from the available procedures for each airport.

Again thanks in advance and look forward to hearing your reply to both my questions.

Joe

Hi Joe,

The database ("little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite") should be definitely bigger. Something like 320 MB vs. 210 MB for a plain FSX/P3D.

I can see SARGS in a 1705 cycle of fsAerodata (don't have a newer one).

Just to be sure ...

Can you see SARGS and the airways in the simulator GPS or map?

Can you see them in LNM on the flying computer?

Regarding SIDs and STARs: Select "Show Procedures" (disabled if the airport has none) when right clicking on an airport on the map. That will pop up a dialog where you can preview and add SIDs, STARs, approaches and their respective transitions to the flight plan.

Can you see any SIDs and STARs there?

Note that the procedure waypoints are not added to the PLN file when saving. You have to use the GPS, FMC or whatever your aircraft has. 

If all else fails send me the log of a loading session from the flying computer. scenery.cfg would be helpful too. You can find my email and all in the about dialog.

Alex

5 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Joe,

The database ("little_navmap_p3dv4.sqlite") should be definitely bigger. Something like 320 MB vs. 210 MB for a plain FSX/P3D.

I can see SARGS in a 1705 cycle of fsAerodata (don't have a newer one).

Just to be sure ...

Can you see SARGS and the airways in the simulator GPS or map?

Can you see them in LNM on the flying computer?

Regarding SIDs and STARs: Select "Show Procedures" (disabled if the airport has none) when right clicking on an airport on the map. That will pop up a dialog where you can preview and add SIDs, STARs, approaches and their respective transitions to the flight plan.

Can you see any SIDs and STARs there?

Note that the procedure waypoints are not added to the PLN file when saving. You have to use the GPS, FMC or whatever your aircraft has. 

If all else fails send me the log of a loading session from the flying computer. scenery.cfg would be helpful too. You can find my email and all in the about dialog.

Alex

Sorry Alex but this one is driving me nuts.

To summarize I am running P3Dv4 with the latest LNM and have installed fsareodata twice now after completely uninstalling and trying a reinstall to fix the issue but no luck.

Bottom Line:

I follow the fsareodata procedure to the letter and download the 1707 cycle from my account fsareodata accepts it everything is good. I have to check the box Prepar3Dv3 for my sim location because they don't have a v4 option yet but I can redirect the install to my P3Dv4 directory and hit ENABLE and all is good.

I then look at my P3Dv4 Scenery folders and I see all the additional XXX.bgl.FSAD files added to each of the folders (they all get bigger). I then run the sim as directed and it launches fine. However if I open the P3Dv4 map there is no SARGS (as an example) and no airways just like LNM (so my useable access just got smaller). So that is why when I reload the sceneries into LNM I lose the above mentioned items and more. If I go back to fsareodata launcher and DISABLE the data file it puts the original files back (the folders all get smaller ie no XXX.bgl.FSAD files anymore) and then all the missing info is back likewise if I reload these scenery files into LNM all is good again.

Also to point out the size of the default LNM XXX.sqlite file is indeed 209 MB however when I load the "new" fsareodata files it becomes smaller and is now 106 MB hence the missing data. What I don't understand is why the P3Dv4 scenery folders get larger and show the fsareodata entries but they don't end up getting used by P3Dv4 or loaded into LNM when I reload sceneries things actually turn up missing?

Additionally fsareodata mentions that their scenery files should be at the top of the scenery library in P3D but when I open the P3Dv4 scenery library from the options dropdown when the sim is running there are no entries from fsareodata. So even after resetting and reinstalling fsareodata I get the exact same result. So something I am doing or doesn't yet exist for P3Dv4 is not allowing the sim to see or accept the new scenery entries. I think I'll contact fsareodate to see what may be wrong.

Oh and one last question when I go back to the default set-up and all my data returns and I load that scenery file into LNM I do see procedures when I right click an airport and they show up on the map when I select one. I thought that feature only existed after a successful install of the fsareodata into P3D and then transferred into LNM? If it was always there, what does adding fsareodata do for me regarding accessing SIDS and STARS for flight planning?

Thanks for your support

Joe

Joe,

Are you sure that fsaerodata wasn't installed using the new LM add-on.xml method? If it was installed that way, it won't show up anywhere in scenery.cfg. Try these couple of troubleshooting steps. First, go to this thread about Lorby's add-on organizer.

Download it and see what V4 add-ons are installed by each approach. My V4 scenery.cfg has the three fsaerodata BGL entries, but maybe the fsaerodata installer app has been updated. After reviewing the results from Lorby's utility, if fsaerodata does not show up anywhere, then run P3d V4 and explicitly add the three folders to your scenery library. 

Joe,

I don't know if fsAerodata uses the add-on.xml method (doubt it) but something is wrong if you cannot find the waypoint in the default GPS or map. It should show up no matter what method is used. 

There should be three entries at the bottom of the scenery.cfg as Jay mentioned:

[Area.198]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Layer=198
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.199]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC
Layer=199
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.200]
Title=FSAD_Approaches1
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs
Layer=200
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

You can add these manually (do not forget to adjust the numbers) to the scenery.cfg or contact fsAerodata support, which I recommend. 

9 hours ago, joepoway said:

I thought that feature only existed after a successful install of the fsareodata into P3D and then transferred into LNM? If it was always there, what does adding fsareodata do for me regarding accessing SIDS and STARS for flight planning?

Approaches and transitions are also included in the stock simulator data. What I show are the same ones you can select in the default FSX/P3D GPS but I display much more information than the GPS.

fsAerodata adds and updates much more than only SIDs and STARs. Check their front page. There is an image that shows the changes.

Alex

Edit 1: Just downloaded the latest fsAerodata tool and this has a P3D v4 option now.

Edit 2: They do *not* use the add-on.xml approach.

Edited by albar965

11 hours ago, albar965 said:

Joe,

I don't know if fsAerodata uses the add-on.xml method (doubt it) but something is wrong if you cannot find the waypoint in the default GPS or map. It should show up no matter what method is used. 

There should be three entries at the bottom of the scenery.cfg as Jay mentioned:

[Area.198]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Layer=198
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.199]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC
Layer=199
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.200]
Title=FSAD_Approaches1
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs
Layer=200
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

You can add these manually (do not forget to adjust the numbers) to the scenery.cfg or contact fsAerodata support, which I recommend. 

Approaches and transitions are also included in the stock simulator data. What I show are the same ones you can select in the default FSX/P3D GPS but I display much more information than the GPS.

fsAerodata adds and updates much more than only SIDs and STARs. Check their front page. There is an image that shows the changes.

Alex

Edit 1: Just downloaded the latest fsAerodata tool and this has a P3D v4 option now.

Edit 2: They do *not* use the add-on.xml approach.

Thanks for all your help Alex!

I received a reply from fsAreodata within hours and they told me to also just uninstall the previous version and use the latest version of their config tool v1.0.47 now available here:    https://www.fsaerodata.com/airac/downloads/fsaerodata_setup.zip

After using the new config tool it pulled the latest Navigraph 1707 file and incorporated everything into P3Dv4 automatically. It doesn't create separate Add-on.xml files but rather directly inserts into P3Dv4 scenery.cfg file and scenery folders. The subsequent  P3Dv4.sqlite files are the correct larger size now with everything contained and all works well.

I look forward to now fully exploring all the great capabilities of your wonderful tool Little Navmap!

Thanks again

Joe

18 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Joe,

Are you sure that fsaerodata wasn't installed using the new LM add-on.xml method? If it was installed that way, it won't show up anywhere in scenery.cfg. Try these couple of troubleshooting steps. First, go to this thread about Lorby's add-on organizer.

Download it and see what V4 add-ons are installed by each approach. My V4 scenery.cfg has the three fsaerodata BGL entries, but maybe the fsaerodata installer app has been updated. After reviewing the results from Lorby's utility, if fsaerodata does not show up anywhere, then run P3d V4 and explicitly add the three folders to your scenery library. 

As always thanks for your great support Jay! In the post just prior to this I was able to solve the issue by uninstalling the fsAreodata config tool and downloading the recently released version which includes P3Dv4 as an option and all is automated now! Everything now works as it should and I look forward to exploring all the capabilities of Alex's great Little Navmap tool with full a full data base now.

As a side note if I want to incorporate this into aircraft GPS use and ultimately GTN 750 when it becomes available for P3Dv4 I assume I will have to redirect each aircraft config file to "p3dgps.cab" from "fs9gps.cab" is that correct?

Joe

Changing the CAB  file only impacts default GPS  gauges.