Sign in to follow this  
lowflyr

Prepar3d V4 support?

In this case, competition  is a good thing. Best of luck to both RXP and Flight1.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm actually hoping for a RXP GNS530W in P3D v4 - I've got the Baytower RV7 ported over to v4 and Bert Pieke just did a really slick transponder mod to make it work in v4.  Then, with a RXP GNS530W it would be just like old times (FSX) but with much better graphics and no OOM's lol.

+1

The only thing keeping me from going to P3D v4 is I'm waiting for the RXP GNS430W.  

• Upvote 2

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Hi,

I wanted to share an update about what's going on with our GTN and GNS V2 for FS-SEX3D.

We are finally approaching the final bits and pieces prior final tests and release, and although I didn't want to publicly share our progress so far, I can now say we are targeting end of July for either the GTN or the GNS V2, followed by the other one shortly after in august.

We have to space the releases apart so as to ensure proper technical support during initial launch, and I can't tell yet which one of the two will come first.

Please understand this is only our target, not a commitment. Software development schedule often slips, but we are really doing our best and trying harder everyday, around the clock.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

🐎🐎 There's nothing like a horse race with a photo finish.

On 2017-7-20 at 3:19 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

I wanted to share an update about what's going on with our GTN and GNS V2 for FS-SEX3D.

We are finally approaching the final bits and pieces prior final tests and release, and although I didn't want to publicly share our progress so far, I can now say we are targeting end of July for either the GTN or the GNS V2, followed by the other one shortly after in august.

We have to space the releases apart so as to ensure proper technical support during initial launch, and I can't tell yet which one of the two will come first.

Please understand this is only our target, not a commitment. Software development schedule often slips, but we are really doing our best and trying harder everyday, around the clock.

When it's getting closer and closer... That means we're going to have a ultimate navigation product in P3D.

Well done RealityXP!

Will the GTN750 for P3Dv4 be easily installable in the A2A and MilViz planes as the "other" company's 750 is?

Will you be willing to contact A2A and MilViz about making this work?

This is a day one buy for me, I don't care if it's riddled with bugs and costs $1000, I would very much like it and not deal with the "other" company.  As mentioned above, have you seen their user-hostile comments from the guy who owns Flight1?

Huge turn off for me.  Goodbye Flight1, hello RXP.

Jack Sawyer

On July 25, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Jack_Sawyer said:

be easily installable in the A2A and MilViz planes

Of course, swapping a gauge with another one is very easy: just edit the panel.cfg file with notepad!

As for any other integration capabilities, let's see how it evolves after release. I always consider it is better asking our customers, than inventing a wheel, although usually, we have a good experience as to what our customers are looking for in regard to integration, after specializing in doing standalone GPS gauges for more than 15 years now!

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 minute ago, RXP said:

Of course, swapping a gauge with another one is very easy: just edit the panel.cfg file with notepad!

As for any other integration capabilities, let's see how it evolves after release. I always consider it is better asking our customers, than inventing a wheel, although usually, we have a good experience as to what our customers are looking for in regard to integration, after specializing in doing standalone GPS gauges for more than 15 years now!

Well, this soon-to-be customer would like it installed natively in the A2A planes and the MilViz ones.

And I don't care how much it costs.  This is most important thing I use or want in my sim flights.

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

And I don't care how much it costs.  This is most important thing I use or want in my sim flights

I thank you for your support! I'm sure you'll be thrilled!

• Upvote 1

A quick update on some of our milestones:

Today we've implemented a technique which permits us creating gauge name aliases! 

Well, what is this for you might ask? This is very simple and this will help a lot retrofitting panels.

For example, our old GNS gauge is using !GNS530 and !GNS530_2 names, while we want our new GNS V2 to follow the naming conventions of our X-Plane plugin, that is !GNS_530_1 and !GNS_530_2

With the 'aliases', we also support !GNS530, which means anytime your panel.cfg file has something like:

gauge## = rxpGNS!GNS530, x, y, w, h

Flight Simulator will just alias GNS530 to GNS_530_1 and load the correct gauge!

This also mean if there is any other "Garmin" gauge with its own name, we can easily add a name alias to make using existing retrofits very easy! (obviously, the gauge filename on the hard drive has to match what comes before the '!' in the gauge##= line).