Sign in to follow this  
darrinward777

P3D stuttering with some Orbx scenery

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.  I loaded through FTX Central the updated V4 version. First loaded FTX Global Base, Ran it for a while ( No Problems ) I then loaded the North American Land Class ( No Problem)  I Then loaded the Northern California. When I ran it , the screen freezes every 2 to 3 seconds even though I am getting 40 to 50 FPS. I also Loaded the Central Rockies , Same deal ! If I go to an area where FTX Global and North American Land Class  are the only scenery present, then no problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue ? 

I'm having a stuttering issue as well.  I don't have any regions but I do have global and the LC among other addons.  I can have mine pegged solid to my refresh rate and it still stutters every few seconds.  It's driving me mad trying to figure it out.  I think my GPU (GTX 1060) is to blame and just can't handle V4.  I'm trying to lower settings as much as I can to see if it helps.  It seems I get rid of most stutters if I get rid of AI and road traffic but I need to keep testing to verify.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I dont have freezes or stutters, but ORBX North Cali and South Cali lower the fps a bit. Without them I saw 30 - 35 fps over LA, with ORBX SoCal around 23 - 25 fps. In the low pop area, Malibu for example I get around 35 - 40 fps, without ORBX SoCal around 47 - 52 fps. All tested with the same settings.

I think you can report this issue to ORBX. I didn't purchase NA regions but I have openLC with Global Base and it works quite well. 

Did you use FTX central to install it inv4? 

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

19 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

I'm having a stuttering issue as well.  I don't have any regions but I do have global and the LC among other addons.  I can have mine pegged solid to my refresh rate and it still stutters every few seconds.  It's driving me mad trying to figure it out.  I think my GPU (GTX 1060) is to blame and just can't handle V4.  I'm trying to lower settings as much as I can to see if it helps.  It seems I get rid of most stutters if I get rid of AI and road traffic but I need to keep testing to verify.

Turn off the dynamic reflection. And turn on the Vsyn with triple buffering. Hope this helps.

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Reflections, dynamic reflections, shadows are off.  2x SSAA and 8x AF.  FPS locked to 25 which is my monitor refresh.  Only LOD and Mesh sliders to the right the rest are pulled way back.  I can get 20 extra FPS when I run at unlimited so it makes no sense why I'm getting these stutters.

1 minute ago, sfgiants13 said:

Reflections, dynamic reflections, shadows are off.  2x SSAA and 8x AF.  FPS locked to 25 which is my monitor refresh.  Only LOD and Mesh sliders to the right the rest are pulled way back.  I can get 20 extra FPS when I run at unlimited so it makes no sense why I'm getting these stutters.

Don't use internal fps locker. Set it to unlimited with Vsyn and triple buffering on.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

I did that but it causes massive blurries and worse stutters.  The FPS jump around an insane amount and don't seem to hold anywhere close to the refresh rate.

• Upvote 1

It seems locking to the refresh rate +1 helps but doesn't eliminate stutters. I'm getting it more around airports as objects load but still occasionally as I'm flying away which shouldn't happen. I can tolerate the ones as objects load because I doubt those will ever go away completely. 

1 hour ago, sfgiants13 said:

What refresh rate do you have set in monitor settings in Windows? If you can set it to 25 in Windows/nvidia settings and run vsync + unlimited in p3d your frames should not exceed 25 in sim. If you maintain 25 in the sum it should get rid of some stutters 

Branko

5 hours ago, darrinward777 said:

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.  I loaded through FTX Central the updated V4 version. First loaded FTX Global Base, Ran it for a while ( No Problems ) I then loaded the North American Land Class ( No Problem)  I Then loaded the Northern California. When I ran it , the screen freezes every 2 to 3 seconds even though I am getting 40 to 50 FPS. I also Loaded the Central Rockies , Same deal ! If I go to an area where FTX Global and North American Land Class  are the only scenery present, then no problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue ? 

Could simply be a frag issue. Did you defrag the v.40 P3D installation? You moved a massive amount of files, and this could merely be a seek/read delay as the head of your drive runs all over the place collating the sequence.

14 minutes ago, branks737 said:

What refresh rate do you have set in monitor settings in Windows? If you can set it to 25 in Windows/nvidia settings and run vsync + unlimited in p3d your frames should not exceed 25 in sim. If you maintain 25 in the sum it should get rid of some stutters 

Branko

I usually run at 24 and set my monitor at that. I ran unlimited usually in v3 and it was smooth. V4 the limiter seems to work better and it's surprising that unlimited is so stuttery. But I seem to be in the minority. 

24 minutes ago, branks737 said:

Branko

I usually run at 24 and set my monitor at that. I ran unlimited usually in v3 and it was smooth. V4 the limiter seems to work better and it's surprising that unlimited is so stuttery. But I seem to be in the minority. 

Also so sorry for hijacking your thread OP. Hopefully we can get the stutters resolved. 

Thanks for all the posts guys. means a lot ! I tried resetting mt CFG, ans that was okay for 1 flight, when I reloaded the sim, it came back again . I have tried the Vsync as well.. I have even tried pulling all my settings to minimal , still every 2 to 3 seconds is a pause. Now I know I need to update my system some more to take advantage of what P3D has to offer. I just made the switch from FSX Gold.. I waited until P3D came out with a 64 bit simulator, and I would not switch back if someone paid me too. I am very impressed with the overall package, and the work Lockheed Martin did with our beloved third party developers. I know this is the Sim of the future, the one I have waited for for 10 years.  It may be a while since I am on a fixed budget. I will add more ram and finally get the SD HD I have been wanting, I will post back if I see any changes! Thanks Again ! 

One last thing , From reading all you're posts , I do believe those who have the same issue I have, it is likely a learning curve we are going through.  My problem in not related in anyway to autogen , or settings since I have turned all that down to bare minimum with the same results. My system needs to be upgraded to take advantage of this new 64 bit platform. I think my system is just in shock that it has a real program to use now. Right now I am running 2 R9 200 GPU's in firewire..8 Gig of ram , And a 2 TB HD at 7500 RPM , I have a 8 Core / 8 Thread Processor running at 3.7 GHZ. My goal is to increas ram to 16.. Replace the HD to Solid State, and get a high quality GPU with 8 gig on board, Yes A Nvidia card, bout time huh?