Sign in to follow this  
darrinward777

P3D stuttering with some Orbx scenery

I have noticed that around the Portland Oregon area, the textures and scenery is very poorly optimized and it would be nice if ORBX could fix it.  These are horribly poorly optimized textures and will bring any PC to its knees. Especially around the BTG intersection.  I'm searching for a fix but have yet to find one.  Orbyx is very slow to update some of their scenery, I have to limit myself to the areas that work well. much of the PNW areas are not working that well in P3d V4 asd they are just port overs due to whatever reason, mostly probably money and pure laziness. 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

I have noticed that around the Portland Oregon area, the textures and scenery is very poorly optimized and it would be nice if ORBX could fix it.  These are horribly poorly optimized textures and will bring any PC to its knees. Especially around the BTG intersection.  I'm searching for a fix but have yet to find one.  Orbyx is very slow to update some of their scenery, I have to limit myself to the areas that work well. much of the PNW areas are not working that well in P3d V4 asd they are just port overs due to whatever reason, mostly probably money and pure laziness. 

Hello, Mark.  Have you voiced your concerns to Orbx?  Complaining over here isn't going to get you much satisfaction.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

4 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

They dont respond either. I just avoid flying in that area now.

That's your choice, of course.  But I can say I have very few problems, if any, flying in the Portland area, and it certainly doesn't bring my pc to its knees.

Stew

On 11/7/2017 at 8:35 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Did I mention i was flying the PMDG 737-800?  Dont know about other airplanes?

No, you did not.  Maybe the jetliner is part of the problem?  It's easy to blame the scenery, when in fact the in-sim settings bear a great deal of the blame.

Stew