Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

Justsim charging for v4 updates

They are charging around 5 Euro por LOWI

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

No, I just got my update for Luxembourg for free.

cant be Sir , i think you downloaded the same file, sorry

i also got luxemburg for free.
but now luxemburg update for 5 EURO. maybe the free update was an error from simmarket?

Indeed, you still don't have v4 installer so cough up

You can't get it for free. They charge as a new version with an upgrade fee. I'm not gonna give them a cent more.

• Upvote 4

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Didn't they steal other developers' textures?

Plus their sceneries look all the same.

Not surprised they're now charging for V4. Haven't bought anything from them and likely never will.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Didn't they steal other developers' textures?

Plus their sceneries look all the same.

Not surprised they're now charging for V4. Haven't bought anything from them and likely never will.

Many developers at some time in the past have done this, from fslabs to flytampa. It happens.

5 euro is a good price, compared to some like Flight1 that are talking about charging close to full price for a x64 gps...

I got a notice from Simmarket that a new version was available and that it included installation in P3D V4. I haven't installed it yet, but I will try it later in the day.

Edit Okay you guys are right. I can pay 5 Euros for the upgrade to my current version. I probably will for a few of them, not all.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

3 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

Many developers at some time in the past have done this, from fslabs to flytampa. It happens.

5 euro is a good price, compared to some like Flight1 that are talking about charging close to full price for a x64 gps...

That's not necessarily a fair comparison though. Most scenaries are just needing new installers with the right directory conventions. The textures/etc haven't changed.

Gauges on the other hand may need to be totally rewritten. There are som C++ gauges that aren't very affected, but this is where 64 bit really messed things up. 

Eric Szczesniak

1 minute ago, ESzczesniak said:

That's not necessarily a fair comparison though. Most scenaries are just needing new installers with the right directory conventions. The textures/etc haven't changed.

Gauges on the other hand may need to be totally rewritten. There are som C++ gauges that aren't very affected, but this is where 64 bit really messed things up. 

I have not tried the latest installer, I also received an email from simmarket telling me there is an updated installer. Is that the same thing or do I have to buy the upgrade too? My point is that it is not a large price for an updated addon even if there is not a lot of developer time going into making their scenery v4 compatible.

If you look at their Facebook page, they say that the only reason they charge is because they use Sim market to make their installers. Then I asked them, why you not make a free patch then. Their reply was that if they make patches people complain and have problems. Then I said ok why you don't make a patch additionally besides the new installers. The reply was "Its your choice if you buy it". I made my conclusions.

• Upvote 4

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link