Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

Justsim charging for v4 updates

OK, I think I'll try to remember that next time I don't buy their scenery. Anybody tried to install the legacy sceneries in V4 ? I don't see why that wouldn't work.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

They said the v3 installers work. The new installers include dynamic lighting plus "P3D ground polygons" for LOWI and "landfills" update for ELLX. However, the dynamic lighting drops the FPS to single digits...The only positive is that they will provide new free installers when they open their own online store...but who knows when this will happen...

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

43 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

I have not tried the latest installer, I also received an email from simmarket telling me there is an updated installer. Is that the same thing or do I have to buy the upgrade too? My point is that it is not a large price for an updated addon even if there is not a lot of developer time going into making their scenery v4 compatible.

Re-reading the email it tells me I can get the upgrade price for 5 dollars, not there is an updated installer.

all installers are updated if you cough out 5 smacks

Not one cent more for an airport. What a bunch of grubbers.

• Upvote 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

ELLX was released  2 months ago...and now they want another 25% of the original purchase price to upgrade - I do not see a bright future for this bunch of rogues

• Upvote 3

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

They are charging around 5 Euro por LOWI

Hi Ed,

Gotta love capitalism. For me, I'll pass on the update and see how LOWI looks without using the 5 Euro installer.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just now, Twenty6 said:

Hi Ed,

Gotta love capitalism. For me, I'll pass on the update and see how LOWI looks without using the 5 Euro installer.

Hi Jay, please tell us how it goes!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

US Army Invades Austria!

Used the avatar to walk around. If something's missing I don't see it. Used the P3Dv4 scenery library manager to add LOWI  data folder. Did a few fly-overs and do not notice anything "wrong." I'll save the 5 Euros on this airport and LFMN Nice.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

US Army Invades Austria!

Used the avatar to walk around. If something's missing I don't see it. Used the P3Dv4 scenery library manager to add LOWI  data folder. Did a few fly-overs and do not notice anything "wrong." I'll save the 5 Euros on this airport and LFMN Nice.

Be careful you're not shot by the Austrian Air Forces, they're quite good!, but I don't think they would do anything for just 5 Euro.

Thanks for reporting your findings. Now let's see how the french will respond!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This is what the developer just posted on Facebook (I'm not sure what he wants to say in the last paragraph) :

"Guys! I will attach this message and will no longer give comments and answer questions related to updating the products for P3D V 4
The policy of updating, as long as our publisher is "Symmarket" will be paid.
As soon as we are ready to open our store, similar updates, all our customers will receive free of charge.
We will not release any patches for our products, as many want. Any patches and patches are only allowed in one version of P3D. During the entire time of our work,... we quickly released updates and fixes for our products. We always take into account your opinions and wishes.
But we can not afford to completely chaos our work, releasing just patches for all of our products. I'm not ready to spend my time on endless correspondence with inexperienced and novice users who can not tell the difference between FSX and X-Plane.
At the moment, all of our products work fine in P3D V4.
If you think that 5 euro is an unreasonable waste of funds - please do not make a purchase. It's just a new installer in which we added dynamic light and worked a little with ground-based polygons. And by the way .. Many of you, many people have been using P3D for several years ... How many times have you already paid for updating the gentlemen?) I will answer - 3 times .. You paid about 200 euros for this time .. 200EURO !!! Look at the screenshots of 3 years ago .. And look at what you see today on your monitor .. You have already seen a huge difference which costs 200 euros ??)) I think that there is no .."

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

11 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

This is what the developer just posted on Facebook (I'm not sure what he wants to say in the last paragraph) :

"Guys! I will attach this message and will no longer give comments and answer questions related to updating the products for P3D V 4
The policy of updating, as long as our publisher is "Symmarket" will be paid.
As soon as we are ready to open our store, similar updates, all our customers will receive free of charge.
We will not release any patches for our products, as many want. Any patches and patches are only allowed in one version of P3D. During the entire time of our work,... we quickly released updates and fixes for our products. We always take into account your opinions and wishes.
But we can not afford to completely chaos our work, releasing just patches for all of our products. I'm not ready to spend my time on endless correspondence with inexperienced and novice users who can not tell the difference between FSX and X-Plane.
At the moment, all of our products work fine in P3D V4.
If you think that 5 euro is an unreasonable waste of funds - please do not make a purchase. It's just a new installer in which we added dynamic light and worked a little with ground-based polygons. And by the way .. Many of you, many people have been using P3D for several years ... How many times have you already paid for updating the gentlemen?) I will answer - 3 times .. You paid about 200 euros for this time .. 200EURO !!! Look at the screenshots of 3 years ago .. And look at what you see today on your monitor .. You have already seen a huge difference which costs 200 euros ??)) I think that there is no .."

I think it's quite obvious... his "reasoning", is that you essentially paid almost 200 bucks upgrading P3D if you count the last 3 versions, "and nothing you get justifies $200" and yet you complain for paying $5...

I think he lost his marbles...

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

I agree.

Desparate attempt at justification...

• Upvote 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

I think it's quite obvious... his "reasoning", is that you essentially paid almost 200 bucks upgrading P3D if you count the last 3 versions, "and nothing you get justifies $200" and yet you complain for paying $5...

Oh yes you are right, now it makes sense. So he thinks that the development time LM spent to go from P3D v1 to P3D v4, is comparable to updating an installer to find P3D v4...ridiculous.

• Upvote 4

The whole thing has turned for the worse over at their FB page. I responded to his arrogant message:

I think you are missing the point here Andrei, it's not about the EUR 5.99. It's about doing the right thing by giving options to your customers.

I bought 2 of your sceneries 2 weeks ago. Do I think they're good? Yes they are, I love them.

Can I have v3 work in v4 without paying? yes. of course.

Do I think it's Ok to charge close to 40% to their original asking price for an update, when it was supposed to be free? No, I don't agree. It doesn't sound as if your original intentions were to release them as free updates.

You come forward as arrogant in your message, and since I also have the option of not buying anything else from you, that may end up being my decision.

I believe you could have handled this differently. It's not your quality as scenery designers that is at stake here, it is your way of treating customers.

Now for the fun part: some JustSim fan-boy accused me of being a "serial killer" (for what reason ? I have no idea) and then Andrei Bakanov himself "Liked" the comment. Talk about customer service.

I think for me it's bye bye JustSim. It was fun while it lasted.

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde