Sign in to follow this  
ckelly14

Using the G530/430

Is there any reason to add the flight plan to both the 430 and 530?  It seems a bit redundant.  Which GPS module is used to determine the GPS for the CDI and for the Autopilot? 

38 minutes ago, ckelly14 said:

Is there any reason to add the flight plan to both the 430 and 530?  It seems a bit redundant.  Which GPS module is used to determine the GPS for the CDI and for the Autopilot? 

Which plane? In the Baron B58 there is a switch to select between NAV1 and NAV2. I think that's for switching between which one the A/P slaves to. As for adding the flight plan to both - there should in any case be a crossfill option that just copies it, so you wouldn't need to enter it twice.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Crossfill would be nice, but is not available (as yet..)

Bert

Hi Bert!  

Flying the default Cessna for now.

I guess I could save the flight plan in the 430, then load it onto the 530.  Do they share the same output folder?   I assume that AP slaves to NAV1 but if anyone knows for sure let me know.

41 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Crossfill would be nice, but is not available (as yet..)

Bert:  Is there another GPS option for X-plane 11.  Love the GTN 750 equipped Kodiac Quest I was using in FSX/P3D!

14 minutes ago, ckelly14 said:

Bert:  Is there another GPS option for X-plane 11.  Love the GTN 750 equipped Kodiac Quest I was using in FSX/P3D!

I do not fly X-plane so am not the right guy to ask..  :huh:

Bert

23 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not fly X-plan

maybe one time Bert? :smile:

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

6 minutes ago, hhbrbg said:

maybe one time Bert? :smile:

Tom

I doubt it... I am still happily on FSX-Accel and may go to P3DV4 at some time.. also trying out FSW..

Bert

4 hours ago, ckelly14 said:

Is there another GPS option for X-plane 11.  Love the GTN 750 equipped Kodiac Quest I was using in FSX/P3D!

There is the payware Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch. I think this is popup-only, not integrated into the panel unless it's supported by the plane model. 

Note: Laminar is rumored to be working on a default G1000, and developers who currently use that in their planes (like Carenado, and Thranda for the Kodiak Quest) are waiting to see how that shakes out before updating their own G1000's. If you wait a while, you'll have those options available. Meanwhile there is the RealityXP product for the 650 and 750.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

9 hours ago, Paraffin said:

There is the payware Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch. I think this is popup-only, not integrated into the panel unless it's supported by the plane model. 

Note: Laminar is rumored to be working on a default G1000, and developers who currently use that in their planes (like Carenado, and Thranda for the Kodiak Quest) are waiting to see how that shakes out before updating their own G1000's. If you wait a while, you'll have those options available. Meanwhile there is the RealityXP product for the 650 and 750.

Thanks.  Will look into it.

There's a GTN in cockpit mod for the default XP11 Cessna so far

i know there's a mooney in development that will have GTN integration as well as the freeware Bell 429 helo

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

There's a GTN in cockpit mod for the default XP11 Cessna so far

i know there's a mooney in development that will have GTN integration as well as the freeware Bell 429 helo

Thanks.  Where can I find this?