Sign in to follow this  
sabidus

777 in Prepar3D V4

Hi,

I just wanted to know how close to the release of the 777 for v4 we were. Is there an estimated date ? I hope by this week !

Thanks for answering !

Obviously they mean the first full week, as the 777 should go to testing today according to the topic, so you can deduce from that at the end of this week hopefully.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

If you've been with PMDG long enough you should know that they will say something when they are ready. They may be busy sorting this 747/FSUIPC problem out for all we know.

David Porrett

9 minutes ago, binhofs said:

Well, the first week of June ended last Friday!

grow up! Can hardly call 2 days a full week! They only just got the 747 done on Sunday. 

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

As a reminder, and I am not speaking for PMDG here specifically, but for releases of any kind. When a group puts out a timetable or schedule, this means that it will come out "on time" based on a perfect world. As usual, there are unexpected things that pop up that cause delays that may or may not be out of the specific developers control.

I wouldn't stress about it, I would rather a properly functioning product that took a little extra time to complete rather then one that has many issues. In the end, relax, it will be out in due time. That is all.

• Upvote 1

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

PMDG stated pretty clear that the 777 would go out to the beta team as soon as the 747 would have been released for v4. As this happened a few days ago we can assume that they actually work on the 777 and will release it as soon as they are done with it. PMDG planned on the first week of June which is now. The 747 made some problems and so the 777 is a little bit delayed.. But as I know PMDG they will make the 777 compatible on time. It's Tuesday. Relaxe =)

Sorry for not following your opinion, but the business logic proves that the 747's orders have been rising since the release of P3D V4.

Nevertheless, I can understand that in 5 months, as privileged partner of Lockeed, they did not consider it good to satisfy the free customers on their product (225$ both 777+ER)

Apart from that, I have never seen such a level of realism on flight simulators and it looks good that we wait even if this is more than unbearable.

In fact that the 777 beauty should already be in beta test, are there any news concerning the taxi cam and the performance compared to v3 in v4?

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

Those of you who are still complaining should look back into some of these threads and read the explanations.  It's important to keep in mind, contrary to popular opinion, that most developers, including PMDG, didn't get a lot of beta copies.  So, how can a development team re-design a program without having multiple copies of the platform to work with?  Patience...remember this is a FREE update and they're under no obligation to anyone to explain why it's taking longer than expected.  PMDG has gone out of their way to get their magnificent aircraft up and running in v4.  We should be thankful, not whiners.

John

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Fervex said:

Sorry for not following your opinion, but the business logic proves that the 747's orders have been rising since the release of P3D V4.

Nevertheless, I can understand that in 5 months, as privileged partner of Lockeed, they did not consider it good to satisfy the free customers on their product (225$ both 777+ER)

Apart from that, I have never seen such a level of realism on flight simulators and it looks good that we wait even if this is more than unbearable.

You're kidding, right?

You seriously believe they would hold back the 777 in order to sell more 747??
Or did I misunderstood your point?

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 2017/6/6 at 11:21 AM, Fervex said:

Dear sir, please stop making the stuff up, this is ridiculous. 

From what 'business logic' DID it prove that 747's orders have rising? Do you have access to their sales data? Or you are just speculating something you don't know, if you are not sure about it please don't use the phrase like 'proves' kind of word. That's only used when you have certain proof. 

Why don't take a close look at their post, they are working as hard as you can ever imagine. Many people guessed it would take couple months to make PMDG products compitable with 64bit Prepar3D v4. Obviously they are all wrong. After 4 days of the launch of P3Dv4, PMDG made that happen. I cannot imagine how long and how difficult they are working to bring the best quality addon to us. They are admirable and awesome.

People are just becoming greedy and they keep asking for more. They are developers not production machines. It's annoying when people keep posting some information that is misleading. If you don't want to wait, time travel to the future or make a 777 by yourself. If you don't trust PMDG, find out the truth by yourself.

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.