Sign in to follow this  
Guest chuck60

Turbo Commander 690B in the library, questions

I just downloaded the Turbo Commander 690B by Veneaviones Simulations Group in the library,veneaviones_rockwell_turbo_commander_690b.zip, great airplane! I forgot how good it was since the last time I downloaded it when it first came out.A few problems though, hopefully somebody can helpStatic sound when gear goes up and downvirtual cockpit viewpoint too far to the rightcannot start engines using the starter switches in the VCAny help would be appreciated! This is a nice little airplane!!

1. Go to the sound directory and make sure there is a file there called GEAR.wav. Listen to it, see if it sounds ok. If it does, I don't know what's wrong. If it doesn't, redownload the package and reinstall that file. It works fine on my system. I suppose I should ask first, do you have any sound files or sound.cfg file in the sound directory of the airplane?2. For the VC view, you can edit it in this section of the aircraft.cfg file.[Views]eyepoint=12.10, -0.70, 3.20 I forget which value is which, but I think it goes Y, X, Z; where Y is along the length of the fuselage, X is side to side, and Z is in the vertical direction from the ground, so I think you'll be wanting to change the -.70 value. I don't know what the units are.3. Yeah, I can't get the switches to work in VC mode either. They don't seem to update appropriately between the 2D panel and VC panel. I can turn the fuel valve off in VC, and it is still on in 2D and vice versa. But I'm no expert in this plane.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest dogknot

==================================================================Adjust VC view to left:Open the 690B's aircraft.cfg, scroll down to the "Views" section,[Views]//eyepoint=12.10, -0.70, 3.20 //<---original VC vieweyepoint=12.10, -1.30, 3.20 //<---VC view adjusted to left==================================================================starter switches in VC: Battery power "ON", starter switch: left click and hold/drag to right--usually takes twice to start engine. Engage generator. Same for second engine start.==================================================================Even though the Gear sounds that came with the 690B sounds fine on my system, a close gear-sounds replacement is easily done:Open default b737-400sound folder and copy these two sound files, "bmgeardn.wav" "bmgearup.wav". Paste them into the 690B's sound folder.Open the 690B's sound.cfg and make the following changes.[GEAR_DOWN]filename=bmgeardn //<------change to thisminimum_volume=10000[GEAR_UP] filename=bmgearup //<------change to thisminimum_volume=10000====================================================================================

Guest chuck60

I love this Commander, also all of Milton Shupe and Company's. I have made the following changes to the aircraft.cfg file of this Commander to make it fly more like other aircraft in FS9. I have never flown in a Turbo Commander. However I have flown in Kingair's and this makes the airplane fly more like them in real life. The problem most outstanding on my computer was the way the airplane wanted to fly straight up on take off. The change to the "htail_incidence" corrected this.Save your original aircraft.cfg file under another name so if you don't like these changes, you will still have the orignal.Good luck.Chuck//number_of_tank_selectors = 2number_of_tank_selectors = 1//htail_incidence = 2.400htail_incidence = 0.000//induced_drag_scalar=1.000 induced_drag_scalar=1.600//pitch_stability=2.002 pitch_stability=1.000//roll_stability=0.819 roll_stability=0.4//yaw_stability=1.562 yaw_stability=1.2//elevator_trim_effectiveness=0.800 elevator_trim_effectiveness=0.200//minimum_on_ground_beta=1.000 minimum_on_ground_beta=0.800//eyepoint=12.10, -0.70, 3.20 eyepoint=12.10, -1.30, 3.20//toe_brakes_scale=1.000000toe_brakes_scale=0.500000//pitch_scalar= 1.000pitch_scalar= 2.000

very awesome, thanks guys!but it appears there must be a problem with my sound card... as even the default gear sounds have static! looks like I might have to buy a new sound card... doh

very nice. Thanks Chuck!one question, pitch_scalar is already 2should I change that to 1?and what does number of tank selectors do?

Guest chuck60

very nice. Thanks Chuck!one question, pitch_scalar is already 2should I change that to 1?and what does number of tank selectors do?I just tried mine with the with the pitch scaller at 2 and it works good with about 3.5 up elevator trim for take off. I think I must have gotten an earlier copy, and yours is already corrected. I can't remember what the change to fuel the tank selectors does. I think without the change it would only use the fuel from one tank. If your gauges and everthing works good without the change, I would leave it alone. I believe I got this information about the tank selectors from their web site. Like I said I might have a different version than you, and you may not need to make some of these changes.Chuck

Guest chuck60

This is a link to their web site. http://www.avsim.com/veneaviones/princ/index.htmThe tank selectors may solve one of the problems mentioned in one of the above post. Hold off on the sound card until you have checked their web site forum. It's the little round dot on the left side of the page. One person has solved a sound problem like yours by changing the settings of the bass on his sound card.Good luck,Chuck

much appreciated, thanks again ChuckI updated my sound card drivers, creative came out with new drivers on the 21st of this month. and it works great now!

just finished a great flight!I have a few things hopefully somebody can help me with.Id like to replace the clock with something else that gives me the outside air temperature. I cannot find what the clock is listed as in the panel.cfg entry, I would like to replace it with something like the pmdg 1900 clock (i think that gives me the OAT)instead of the tv screen I would like to place my reality XP WX500. there are no coordinates though that I can find. Can someone help? I would like to place it in the VCand I think I replaced the VSI correctly with lee's tcas and vsi gauge... Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest chuck60

The clock is Davtron M803Window07=Davtron M803 Clock Zoom{Window00}gauge78=ST_690!DavtronM803Red, 127,532,60,62{Window02}gauge80=ST_690!DavtronM803Red, 127,743,60,62{Window03}gauge00=ST_690!DavtronM803Red, 30,166,58,57{Window07}gauge00=ST_690!DavtronM803Red, 1,0,509,510{Vcockpit01}gauge05=ST_690!DavtronM803Red, 120,404,135,137{Vcockpit03}gauge05=ST_690!DavtronM803Red, 774,406,135,137The GPS screen is GPS_500{Window00}gauge92=fs9gps!gps_500, 842,492,179,180{Vcockpit02}gauge28=fs9gps!gps_500, 606,205,411,368Leave it in {Window01} and you can still use it with the Icon.I looked all over and can't find a TV. If you remove the GPS_500 from the panel there is a drawing that looks like a TV. I think this was just to help with design. Anyway try removing the GPS_500, and replacing it with the XP WX500 at the above locations.I found a smoke system that works very well. Place the smoke system under the {turboprop_engine} as shown below.you must have the file fx_smoke_ys11.fx in the FS9 Effects folder, and you must press the "I" key to activate the smoke. This is engine smoke. You can find the file in the AVSIM library under 380smoke.zip{turboprop_engine}power_scalar=1.000 maximum_torque=3500.000 max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=1.000idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=0.800max_rpm_friction_scalar=1.000idle_rpm_friction_scalar=0.800{SMOKESYSTEM} 1 2 3smoke.0 =2.010, -2.370, -9.180, fx_smoke_ys11smoke.1 =2.010, -2.370, 9.120, fx_smoke_ys11Good Luck

Thanks again!Actually I may have mispoken. it isnt a tv but I think a dummy weather radar gauge. its the green blank display in the middle.how can I put the weather radar ontop of that?and where is the dummy gps gauge above it? I want to replace that with something. is this it? gps.kln90bro!gpsro

Guest chuck60

Short answer yes.WOW! Big mistake on my part. I had modified my panel and replaced the dummy gps and the dummy weather radar with the fs9gps!gps_500.I took a look at the orignal panel and found that the fake gps is named gps.kln90bro.gau. If you remove this gauge there will just be a blank space on the panel. I removed the fake gps and replaced it with the fs9gps!gps_500 at the locations and sizes in the above reply. This covered the area where the fake gps and the dummy weather radar was. The dummy radar is just drawn on the panel it is not a gauge. Try the above locations and sizes for your radar. This is for the panel.vc panel.cgf file only.I have the FS Panel Studio program and it shows the fake radar to be located in window 00 at X940 Y607 and in VCockpit02 at X810 Y450. If you try 380smoke.zip be shure to read and follow the instructions, there is also a gauge that you must install, not hard and you can almost smell the jet fumes. Sorry about the mistake, hopes this helps.

Guest chuck60

One last thing, to make the props turn the proper direction, (notice the deice boots), make shure your Aircraft.cfg file has these lines.{propeller}thrust_scalar=1.000 rotation= -1,-1 //Engine 1,2,3,... Rotation direction. 1 = CW, -1 = CCW